• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Steering Wheel Suggestions

fasjac

Reaction score
I bought this one from Classic about 3-4 years ago. It’s a very nice wheel with leather. The horn button with fish was from another seller son EBay. I viewed one on jegs that didn’t have good reviews. Not downing Jegs , just letting you know what I saw. Just FYI

CF765540-33AA-4A56-AB53-807B7267F717.jpeg

4A31CD31-FF35-47EF-8B26-FCC9B77FF953.jpeg

Fishgutz

Reaction score
Hey DaveBob, Thanks for the heads-up, I just ordered the F.R. this AM. I’ll check it out very carefully when it arrives. I’ll post a photo of the result, of course, I’m hoping for the right fit and great looks. Merry Christmas and Happy Hot Rodding.

fasjac

Reaction score
I think it’s like 14 or so. I sent you a pic with the tape measure on the wheel a while back.
I also, have a rimblow from OER that’s nice. With the AAR steering box, the tuff wheel is very reactive. The bigger rimblow is very comfortable when I’m driving.

Fishgutz

Reaction score
Yea, the only 14” I could find available is the Flaming River version, so I have one on the way. Many thanks for all your input, Merry Christmas and Happy Hot Rodding!!

fasjac

Reaction score
Yea, the only 14” I could find available is the Flaming River version, so I have one on the way. Many thanks for all your input, Merry Christmas and Happy Hot Rodding!!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :thumbsup:

DaveBob

Reaction score
Hey DaveBob, Thanks for the heads-up, I just ordered the F.R. this AM. I’ll check it out very carefully when it arrives. I’ll post a photo of the result, of course, I’m hoping for the right fit and great looks. Merry Christmas and Happy Hot Rodding.
You're welcome. Here are a couple pictures. The FR unit has a collar that the non-OEM horn button snaps into (sloppily), rather than a flat spot with three tapped holes to allow the attachment of an OEM horn button assembly. Other than the horn having a very sloppy feel, another drawback to the FR wheel is that you can't switch horn buttons to use the cool one with the fish on it.

20200422_064809.jpg

20200422_064948.jpg

Fishgutz

Reaction score
I’m kinda at the point where, as long as it fits, I can make rest the work and look good too. Again, many thanks for the input....
Take Care & Happy Holidays

Fishgutz

Reaction score
Happy New Year to All......... The Christmas decorations are down and put away, all things “holidays” are behind us and time to take the new hot rodding season seriously. Santa brought the new steering wheel a couple of weeks ago and I bolted it on today. Pretty much, it’s perfect, thanks to all of you for the input. We have some clean air in front of us for a while, should have it running by spring.

69F3C573-53A0-4EA8-AA4C-0154752F73CB.jpeg

B3F7A351-5FD8-4142-BA48-E5D78F492CB7.jpeg

fasjac

Reaction score
Happy New Year to All......... The Christmas decorations are down and put away, all things “holidays” are behind us and time to take the new hot rodding season seriously. Santa brought the new steering wheel a couple of weeks ago and I bolted it on today. Pretty much, it’s perfect, thanks to all of you for the input. We have some clean air in front of us for a while, should have it running by spring.

View attachment 78804

View attachment 78805
Nice!

Back