• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

StRoKer's How To: MAXIMUM Tire Fitment PICS!

StRoKer

Reaction score
Well all the studying / measuring FINALLY paid off for me today as it worked out just as I hoped...

The Tire - Mickey Thompson 29.5" tall and the exact tire width comes in at a enormous 13 5/8 Section width and 11+ tread width..,
The Rear - Dana 60 cut to 54 5/8 flange to flange and the perch centers are 44"
(I will have to check my records for each actual axel length)
Suspension Mods - Dr. Diff 1" relo Kit and Caltracs Split monoleafs with the Caltrac Bars and 9 way Rancho RS9000 shocks and mounted on upper hole on the front spring hanger for a lower ride height...
Rims - 15*10 Centerline Convo Pros with 5" backspace
Wheelwell lips rolled some but a stock wheelwell...

Clearance - To the outside wheelwell is easily 3/4+ on the pass side and over a 1" on the drivers side
To the springs its 3/8 to the pass spring and and "about" 3/8 to the drivers spring.
Now the rule of thumb is 1/2 clearance on each side and with a minimal thickness wheel spacer clearance will be easilly achievable and outside wheelwell wont be an issue....

Its 26 5/8 ride height on the rear wheelwell lip...

I dont know how well the pics will do justice but im totally stoked......... yes the tire is 13 5/8 width measured several times around the tire..
burnout.gif

I knew I could get it done just took alot of racking my brain
cooldancing.gif

picture.gif

tire1 (Small).jpg

tire2 (Small).jpg

tire3 (Small).jpg

tire4 (Small).jpg

tire6 (Small).jpg

tire7 (Small).jpg

StRoKer

Reaction score
picture.gif
Was a custom cut on the housing.... my car is a street car! I will run the 325/50/15's or the 315/60/15's et street radials for the street. they come in at 13.25+ish width on a 10" rim ...... the shorter cut on the housing makes all the difference over the 55" b body specs... like I said a lot of thinking and some guts trusting it would work along ith the axel measurements as I wanted the tires to have the tucked under look and not a lifted rear to get big tires on there if you know what I mean... the front spring hanger is on the upper hole so the car sits lower also... Ill have to find my axel measurements....

I would have been sick if it all didnt work out
eek4.gif

tire8 (Small).jpg

tire9 (Small).jpg

tire10 (Small).jpg

tire11 (Small).jpg

tire12 (Small).jpg

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
I'm glad it worked out for you. You must race the car? How fast is it? Just wondering.

StRoKer

Reaction score
picture.gif

Here a couple pics before spacers...

driverside wheelwell lip clearance and pass. side clearance to the spring in front of the tire....

Now remember i am on the upper hole of the front spring hanger so its easy to lift the car up by putting the sping on the upper hole and tuning ride height with a thin lowering block as well as pinion angle
jumping.gif

tire13 (Small).jpg

tire14 (Small).jpg

tire15 (Small).jpg

tire16 (Small).jpg

tire17 (Small).jpg

Last edited:

StRoKer

Reaction score
With the spacers installed.... first 2 pics are with a 1/4" spacer a little over 1/2' to the spring on drivers side and alot of clearance to the wheelwell lip.... the last pic is the passengers side with a 1/8" spacer and about 1/2 to the spring...... I noticed on the caltrac springs the springs has like casting bumps in them Im sure I could easily grind the bumps off if desired or trim down the shackle bushing some if desried but is not really needed.... Clearance is adequate on both sides..... hard to tell in the pics though also the right rear is sagged a little lower due to battery relocation and all new suspension and once i adjust the clearance will be better on the passenger side
2thumbs.gif

Next I will be bolting on the M/T ET street Radial 325/50/15 for the street so I can RPM quicker with the 28" tall tire on the street...they are about .25 overall smaller width ... stay tuned
burnout.gif

tire1 (Small).jpg

tire2 (Small).jpg

tire3 (Small).jpg

Last edited:

EV2AAR

Reaction score
If you go from a 26.8 tire to a 28 tire do you lower or increase RPM on the highway . My guess a taller tire equals less RPM

res1vw21

Reaction score
wow talk about stuffed! looks really good.

StRoKer

Reaction score
wow talk about stuffed! looks really good.

thx man.... Im just glad it worked out.... would have been sick if it didnt as I worked to hard and gambled on it working out.... :)

Tig

Reaction score
You have a nice lower bar angle on the Caltracs, better than mine.A trick to getting them to work is to have plenty of front suspension upward travel, at least 5 inches but Jon,Travis or Matt will tell you that. It made a big difference on mine.

StRoKer

Reaction score
You have a nice lower bar angle on the Caltracs, better than mine.A trick to getting them to work is to have plenty of front suspension upward travel, at least 5 inches but Jon,Travis or Matt will tell you that. It made a big difference on mine.

I just got mine to 5 inches of travel the other day :D

Tig

Reaction score
I just got mine to 5 inches of travel the other day :D
Since I see you have some 26 inch fronts for sale, I'd guess you've gone to a taller front tyre, lowering the front but keeping the same ride height?
Worked for me :D

Back