• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Structural Differences??

Coosawjack

Reaction score
Hey Folks!!

The 1970 Challenger R/T I'm considering buying is actually a "Clone" that started life as a 225 c.i. Slant Six car!!:eek:

The guy that restored it said he's done several and the ONLY difference in the "Uni-body" between the Six and a big V-8 car is the "K-Member" which he got with a "Front Clip" from an R/T car!!:cool:

It all looks GREAT but looks can be deceiving...ya know!!o_O

Help me out here if ya can??:D

moparleo

Reaction score
The Mopar E-body uni-body construction was the same on all models. The K-frames were different on Hemis' and some 440 models with the addition of a skid plate. Convertibles, And high horsepower model came equipped with Torque-boxes which added rigidity to the uni-body.

moparleo

Reaction score
The Mopar E-body uni-body construction was the same on all models. The K-frames were different on Hemis' and some 440 models with the addition of a skid plate. Convertibles, And high horsepower model came equipped with Torque-boxes which added rigidity to the uni-body.

Coosawjack

Reaction score
Thanks a BUNCH.....that is exactly what the seller said but.......he's the seller and I wanted to hear it from one of you MOPAR enthusiasts!!
So it looks like it's a done deal when it quits snowing up there!!
Thanks again for your reply!!

Back