• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Stumped on a cooling fan

doubleadad

Reaction score
My first post so please forgive any mistakes

So i have hit a roadblock I can't seem to figure out. My 70 Cuda has the correct 383HP block and heads, new water pump. New 26 inch radiator, and fan shroud that fit perfectly, and what i believe to be the correct trans-mount. Used the motor mount that came with the project. My problem is that i do not have enough clearance in the shroud for a correct 18.5 inch fan. Pic shows the measurement from the center of the water pump shaft. Simply don't where to look anymore. It does not appear to be sitting to high in the cradle..
Stumped!

IMG_1473[1].JPG

IMG_1473[1].JPG

RJH

Reaction score
What's he measurement from the center of the pump shaft to the bottom of the shroud?

RJH

Reaction score
It would appear that your motor is 1 and 7/8 inches to high .Can you get any pictures of your engine mounts and brackets?

RJH

Reaction score
2536121 is correct. I don't have a spare pass side bracket, but here's a picture of the drivers side bracket and mount to compare to yours. Very interesting

DSCN2715.JPG

doubleadad

Reaction score
I am completely stumped. I have been thinking trans mount, but everything appears correct with that as well. I have a new one that bolted right one, but wondering if it may be some sort of universal type.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
how close is the oil pan to the center link ? Normal is about 1/4 inch .
You can put a plate between the trans mount & the trans but it will not make much difference at the fan end .

kudakoda

Reaction score
Do you have the correct rad? Has it been located correctly with no previous mods by someone else..........say like for an aftermarket cooler? Just trying to rule everything out if the motor and tranny mounts are correct.

doubleadad

Reaction score
It's a great thought to double check. The Radiator is an aftermarket, but it bolted directly in to the stock mounting holes, and appears to be at the correct height. The fan shroud is oem, and lines up with the mounts on the radiator, but in looking at the original pic i posted, it may be possible that it is set to low. I have no other reference to go from, but the shroud is roughly an inch below the upper hose inlet.

doubleadad

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions so far, below are pics of the trans mount, the center-link clearance, and the shroud height on the radiator. Appreciate any feedback or return photos to compare.

IMG_1510.JPG

IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_1512.JPG

Back