• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

T/A HOOD HELP

cawley

Reaction score
I am doing some work on a friends challenger t/a. It has the original hood on it. From past owners waxing it the hood has wax along the edges. It looks like crap. I was told to try rubbing alcohol but that didnt work. Anyone have any ideas how i can get the wax off the hood. By the way it still has the original textured paint. Thanks

cuda joe

Reaction score
wow original paint nice ..... wax is hard to get off textured parts i hate to say pressure wash it might blow off the paint maybe a very small stiff brush with soapy water do a very small spot then completly dry and see what it looks like good luck

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I am doing some work on a friends challenger t/a. It has the original hood on it. From past owners waxing it the hood has wax along the edges. It looks like crap. I was told to try rubbing alcohol but that didnt work. Anyone have any ideas how i can get the wax off the hood. By the way it still has the original textured paint. Thanks
I would venture to guess to say that you tried an automotive wax and grease remover? Hot water and Dawn dish soap with a tooth brush. Goof off or Goo gone remover. there is always steam that is always very effective.

wax remover.jpg

Last edited:
Back