• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

T/A QUESTION

cawley

Reaction score
For those of you that have a T/A is the cowl & the fender bolt area satin black or organisol black ? Also could someone show a picture of where the hood pins go on the fender. Thanks

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
There are factory Challenger T/A's with regular blackout (satin) paint on the cowl and fender bolt areas as well as Organosol black paint in those areas. Either is correct and most restorations are painting the cowl and fender bolt areas in Organosol.
The most important thing with the TransAm cars is that the cowl and fender bolt areas were painted with blackout first and then carefully masked off to paint the body color. This made for a cleaner line at the cowl to firewall transition since the masking was critical.

cawley

Reaction score
There are factory Challenger T/A's with regular blackout (satin) paint on the cowl and fender bolt areas as well as Organosol black paint in those areas. Either is correct and most restorations are painting the cowl and fender bolt areas in Organosol.
The most important thing with the TransAm cars is that the cowl and fender bolt areas were painted with blackout first and then carefully masked off to paint the body color. This made for a cleaner line at the cowl to firewall transition since the masking was critical.
Thank you Thats what i ran into when i did my uncles AAR. This challenger im am doing is a clone so i dont think it matters that much.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Something like this.
1970_dodge_challenger_15392075530a34b4aaENG2.jpg

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
As far as the hood pins. Everything lined up. The hole are in the fender. Put tape on the fender. Center a string line over holes mark tape. Close hood put tape on hood. pull string line and mark. Or put pins in close hood and mark. That might be off a little bit but close. Give me a day and I'll measure mine. I never seen an engineering diagram that doesn't mean there isn't one.

Last edited:

cawley

Reaction score
As far as the hood pins. Everything lined up. The hole are in the fender. Put tape on the fender. Center a string line over holes mark tape. Close hood put tape on hood. pull string line and mark. Or put pins in close hood and mark. That might be off a little bit but close. Give me a day and I'll measure mine. I never seen an engineering diagram that doesn't mean there isn't one.
Awesome thank you. There is holes on these fenders. They are about the size of the pins. The one i am thinking is the one has the part of the fender that the head light buckets go onto running through it. If that makes sense lol With a 3/16 to 1/4 inch hood gap that hole measures around 4 3/16 to 4 1/4 from the fender

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Examples: Installing the pins you can't miss. Placing the holes in the hood. You can miss if the fender are not lined up correctly.
1706364918048.jpeg

1706365807688.jpeg
1706364965939.jpeg

EV2RTSE

Reaction score
Here's a pic (not mine) of a T/A fender and the hood pin.

fc7.JPG

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
On the hood measurement from the front edge along the outside edge. Used a tape measure and a seamstress tape they both measured the same 8". At the 8" edge in 1 5/8" for center. I would drill a small hole to start and adjust as needed. For everyone of them can be just a little different.
20240129_104158.jpg

cawley

Reaction score
One last question is there a site i can get on to get the measurements for the T/A stripe location? This car didnt have any on it for me to get measurements off of. OK 2 questions i need to put on the squirter nozzles on the fg hood any measurements out there ?

Last edited:
Back