• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

T/A Sticking brake pedal

Jalaska907

Reaction score
Hey guys! My T/A has been sitting for 7-10 years. The brake pedal sticks on the floor, the brakes work when applied, but hold on the floor. You can pull the pedal up by hand. Also I have squirted the assembly with kroil a few days ago. Thanks for the help

DetMatt1

Reaction score
The brakes work but the pedal goes to the floor and doesn't come back? Sounds like your brakes don't work...
Does the pedal go to the floor easily or do you have to exert some pressure? Check the reservoir, check for leaks and damaged lines, do all of the wheels spin freely. Does the car have power brakes? After sitting for that long, working or not you should completely flush and refill with new fluid anyway.

js29

Reaction score
After setting that long every thing should be checked. dry rotted brake hoses frozen wheel cylenders and or callipers ! like matt said conserns of water in the brake fluid. and if moister rusted the brake hardware, and i have a theory if a brake line is bad change them ALL good to know another car is not just setting around things go bad when thay set too long

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Sounds like some kind of blockage. You have pressure when you push the pedal. You are overcoming the blockage. When you release the pedal the fluid pressure returns the pedal. It does not have enough force to overcome the blockage. When you pull the pedal you are again overcoming the blockage. I would replace all the brake hoses, lines, wheel cylinders and master cylinder. It is cheap insurance that your T/A will stop correctly. It is more important to be able to stop than it is to go. The parts may look good, and let loose when you need them. Refill with quality brake fluid also.

Jalaska907

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, Im sending the car out for a restoration, so Im not going to tear into it. I will let the pros do it, Im trying to keep everything all original.

Back