• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Tail Panel Trim on a ‘70 Cuda

Fishgutz

Reaction score
Looking for advice, instructions, photos, videos or any other info about installing the tail panel trim on a ‘70 Cuda. Tricks of the trade or any help will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Fishgutz

Fishgutz

Reaction score
Thanks rklein 71,
That’s looks super helpful, really good advice. Looks like we’re going to get busy the next few evenings with the install. Photos to follow.

rklein71

Reaction score
I installed Cuda tail panel trim on my BHG last summer. Looks great!

IMG_4739.JPG

mmissile

Reaction score
After restoring the body...I left mine off my 70 ragtop. I deleted some chrome from the car. I like the black-to-color look.

Fishgutz

Reaction score
Hi mmissle,
I thought about that also, mine is the original tail panel and has holes for the clips. It was really an after thought, but I do like the trim on it, gives it a nice contrast between the black and purple. Thanks for the input......
Happy Hot Rodding

Fishgutz

Reaction score
We unpacked the new trim and fastener kit. First thing we noticed the plastic keepers have a stud too long to allow the trim to slide over it. Is it a cut to fit situation? Or am I missing something?

F6CE40EB-3705-4B32-91C1-68FAFB002475.jpeg

rklein71

Reaction score
I believe the one end (not the splayed end) breaks off. That cylinder is used to insert into the splayed end to force it apart and keep the clip in the hole. I didn't use them, I found some roofing nails and cut them down to size and pushed them into the splayed end instead. I found the little plastic cylinders really hard to work with.

moparlee

Reaction score
We unpacked the new trim and fastener kit. First thing we noticed the plastic keepers have a stud too long to allow the trim to slide over it. Is it a cut to fit situation? Or am I missing something?

View attachment 67581
I have used those plastic clips before for installing trim. Take the cylinder out, push the splayed side into the panel, then push the cylinder in until it is flush with the flat piece of plastic.

Fishgutz

Reaction score
Perfect, thanks guys. I knew there was a trick to it, we’ll give it a try this evening. I’ll post a photo when successful with the install.

Back