• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Tall Driver Help

YJ_Aaron

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 70 challenger R/T and am looking to increase my comfort. Did some searching, but only found some dated info.

1. Who makes the best kit to swap to the smaller Tuff wheel?
2. Does anyone make a seat entender kit besides the generic year one kit?

TIA

Ralph

Reaction score
Being 6'-7" and an architect I designed a set of seat extenders that work with the current e body bucket seat holes in the floor. I used them for both my 71 Challenger and 73 Cuda.
They are made out of 1 inch steel tube and then powder coated and can be easily fabricated to your size.
I worked mine out to be between 4 and 6 inch longer giving me the leg room I need. They give up some head room but there is plenty of that in the e bodies.
Who ever wants a copy of the plans please PM me, they are easy to construct.
Ralph

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
A tuff wheel will bolt right onto the crush can on the column , you may need to drill a tap 3 small holes for the horn switch to mount , easy swap .

NoCar340

Reaction score
The Tuff wheel should be a bolt-in. A friend who's 6'6" tall just made some extenders for his bench-seat '73 Charger, but rather than use the floor holes and/or the Year One brackets, his went between the seat and its adjusters. It was a total bolt-together deal with no drilling or cutting required. Everything still works as designed and he gave up less than 1/4" of headroom, which is an issue in a bench-seat B-body.

I'll try to get some details and post 'em for you.

Avalanche

Reaction score
The only issue to extending the seat back farther with an extender, is you might hit the seat belt retractor that's bolted to the floor. 70 model. Push your seat all the way back and check the clearance from back of seat to seat belt retractor.

Ralph

Reaction score
You can extend the seat back and on the seat belt extractor it just hit but workable. On the cuda I replaced the stock seat belts to a unit without the retractor.

YJ_Aaron

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone. Would love to see pictures or drawings of some of the parts described above.

Ralph

Reaction score
Ok, here you go.

See picture and blueprint.

Please double check all sizes since mine may be different.

This is simple to remove if I decide to sell - just unbolt.

Attachments

• DSCN9249.JPG
    DSCN9249.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 113
  • Ralphs seat extenders 2021 latest smaller tube.pdf
    117.7 KB · Views: 131

MarksMopar

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 70 challenger R/T and am looking to increase my comfort. Did some searching, but only found some dated info.

1. Who makes the best kit to swap to the smaller Tuff wheel?
2. Does anyone make a seat entender kit besides the generic year one kit?

TIA
1617231975184.jpeg
This provides a new pivot point for reclining.

i_taz

Reaction score
The Year One's are not noticeable at all but the seat will bump into the belt retractor
when fully extended. You will also have to shorten the copper wire that pull the track locks.

The second thing you need to do is raise the seat, especially the front to support your legs.
I stacked 7 washers up front and correspondingly put 4 in the rear, which will also help clr
the retractor, so there's not too harsh of an angle and it works great. At 6'4" no headroom
problems even entering or exiting...

0331212059[1].jpg

0331212106[1].jpg

Last edited:
Back