• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Thanks - Good to join the group!

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome from Little Rock! Super nice ride. And love that color!
I think any mopar shifter with the two hole mount will work fine for the Tremec stub. Silversport can verify that though.

/sixchall

Reaction score
DW, welcome to the forum. It seems our storys and history’s with our cars is very similar. When I returned from overseas and my tour of duty completed in late 1971. I was in dire need of transportation for a civilian job that didn’t exist at the time,ended up working for the federal govt the next 42 years. My Father had located a trade in 1970 Dodge Challenger with 40 on the clock at a local Dodge dealership. Since I had no money to purchase the car, Dad stepped up and bought it for me. It was my daily driver from early ‘72 to 2005 enmassing 562k miles in that year. Dad is gone now, but I have the car left, so thank you Dad. Like I said our stories parallel each other. Welcome again, the guys here are dedicated to the hobby and are extremely helpful, if you ask. Al

Reaction score
Welcome from Little Rock! Super nice ride. And love that color!
I think any mopar shifter with the two hole mount will work fine for the Tremec stub. Silversport can verify that though.
Greetings Little Rock! Enjoyed visits to your city in the early 2000s. Good folk and the best food!! Thanks for the compliments and I'll give Silversport a call. You know Petty was my racing hero in the early/mid 60's. Years later when this car showed up at the Dodge dealership - I HAD to have it! Car payment was a whopping $89/month for 36 months. Yikes. :)

fasjac

Reaction score
Great! The good ole days for sure. That was a little money back then. I'm with you on Richard Petty too.

Reaction score
DW, welcome to the forum. It seems our storys and history’s with our cars is very similar. When I returned from overseas and my tour of duty completed in late 1971. I was in dire need of transportation for a civilian job that didn’t exist at the time,ended up working for the federal govt the next 42 years. My Father had located a trade in 1970 Dodge Challenger with 40 on the clock at a local Dodge dealership. Since I had no money to purchase the car, Dad stepped up and bought it for me. It was my daily driver from early ‘72 to 2005 enmassing 562k miles in that year. Dad is gone now, but I have the car left, so thank you Dad. Like I said our stories parallel each other. Welcome again, the guys here are dedicated to the hobby and are extremely helpful, if you ask. Al

Thanks Al! Appreciate the welcome. Definitely our stories parallel! We were both lucky to have Dad's that supported us. Challengers draw people closer!
Just like this forum does!! Blown away by the 562k! My wife even asked "can an engine run that far". Apparently so !. This is the 1st forum like this that I've been on. Very impressive and I look forward to learning a lot from everyone! My best to you. Here's to Dad!!

Reaction score
Great! The good ole days for sure. That was a little money back then. I'm with you on Richard Petty too.
Fasjac, do you mind me asking - in your garage pix - I see black-wall and white lettered tires on the 'cuda. What size tires/wheels are they? I'm using F70/14 polyglass - but they are so teeny!. I want to fill up the rear wheel well and get something wider in front like you have. Do you have something more than stock suspension? Hope you don't mind all the questions - but you've got what I think is a classy aggressive stance. If my eyes aren't fooling me - I think I see your rear wheel well top edge slightly higher than the front well. I used Monroe Matic air shocks in '73 to get that look! I wanna go back to the good ol days!!! But with new technology this time... thanks in advance! ***Oops, just saw your response from yesterday! Still learning how to use the site :steering:

Last edited:

fasjac

Reaction score
Thanks DW. The rear's are 275/60/15 fronts are 215/70/15 BFG radial t/a's on 15x7 ralley wheels with white letters out. Same size and brand tire on the black US racing wheels except, the black wheels are 15x8 rear and 15x7 front. The car has MP super stock leaf springs and BB/hemi torsion bars. Napa shocks all corners ( no air shocks) These E bodies seem to have a natural (little lower) stance in the rear. The leaf springs I use probably gave it an inch or so lift in the back, not sure exactly. Another thing is that mine could be a little lower in the front as well. My cuda came with 14 inch wheels as well. Just a little small for my liking.
also, you'll see on the site that guys are using several different size wheels and tires. My rear tires are very close to the lip on the quarter panel but, they don't rub at all.

fasjac

Reaction score
HEY DW, let me verify the leaf springs that are on my car by part number. It's been so long ago I'm not so sure they are just heavy duty springs and not SS.
I'll look this weekend and send you a message.

Reaction score
HEY DW, let me verify the leaf springs that are on my car by part number. It's been so long ago I'm not so sure they are just heavy duty springs and not SS.
I'll look this weekend and send you a message.
Fasjac, is it possible while you’re at it - to take a pix of the rear of your car from ground level? Showing the rear tires. The pix you have up now doesn’t show the rear tires much. Whatever you can do is greatly appreciated! I hope to return the favor someway/somehow! DW

/sixchall

Reaction score
DW, tell your Mrs. I’m sorry for the misinformation of the mileage I quoted. My Dodge had to have 3 engine change outs, along with 2 trans and 2 rearends. The last engine I purchased from the Dodge dealership I originally bought it from, in the late 90’s. This is where the capability of the extreme mileage came from. Components of our cars do tend to wear out with daily usage. Appreciate your heartfelt comment to my post.

Reaction score
DW, tell your Mrs. I’m sorry for the misinformation of the mileage I quoted. My Dodge had to have 3 engine change outs, along with 2 trans and 2 rearends. The last engine I purchased from the Dodge dealership I originally bought it from, in the late 90’s. This is where the capability of the extreme mileage came from. Components of our cars do tend to wear out with daily usage. Appreciate your heartfelt comment to my post.
LOL! I was starting to feel inadequate - having only 86K on my car! You deserve great credit for your commitment to your Mopar! For us - they have become family.

fasjac

Reaction score
Fasjac, is it possible while you’re at it - to take a pix of the rear of your car from ground level? Showing the rear tires. The pix you have up now doesn’t show the rear tires much. Whatever you can do is greatly appreciated! I hope to return the favor someway/somehow! DW

E2222F5F-193E-4448-8C55-424184C0A252.jpeg

A2A61AA6-4963-4D2D-A9FE-757C07D090F6.jpeg

01E41E59-3B49-4BB1-8401-FCDCDA464127.jpeg

E7B2FE4F-C80E-4A40-95E9-FD8A39D70141.jpeg

AD1D987D-68F9-4881-B0A1-69AAF2D54401.jpeg

4A950E77-8535-478E-9858-5DE53AFEE70E.jpeg

E6E700F7-5DFC-46AD-9E57-C28A66426359.jpeg

fasjac

Reaction score
Back