• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

The end of Chrysler as we Know It?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Chrysler has been long gone , going back to the "merger" with Daimler or should we call it rape & pilage

340challconvert

Reaction score
According to auto journalists; Dodge Charger, Challenger and Chrysler 300 will all live through 2024 at least.
Production will continue in Canada with no next-gen models in sight.
But, "multiple derivatives" of the Dodge cars are in the works.
A Motor Trend article on this;

The Stellantis Era Dawns: FCA Is Dead, Brands Like Chrysler May Not Survive​

Jeep and Ram are safe, but all bets are off for most other former FCA brands.:(

https://www.motortrend.com/news/stellantis-fca-peugeot-merger-chrysler-dodge-fate/

budascuda

Reaction score
Chrysler died in 1974, or a couple years prior!

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Yes Iacocca changed Chrysler , it was do or die , Chrysler would have folded completely or been bought out then , , the trucks were still good & the addition of Cummins was a awesome change & the purchase of Jeep was brilliant .
The "Merger" with Daimler was devastating , Chrysler didn't need help , Daimler did , the only positive part is the addition of the LX Chassis , 300 , Charger & Challenger platforms which seriously need to be updated although they still perform well for the age .

seneca

Reaction score
Shrine of the mighty! can it be,
That this is all remains of thee?
Byron

"For the times they are a changin"
Dylan

Bobby Sixkiller

Reaction score
Chrysler has been dead a while. At least 20 years. What remains is a ghost. I really do like the new challengers. My wife has one. But it’s not the same. Hell idk. All the changes in vehicles in last couple decades is crazy enough. Rambling ain’t I. Chrysler died with Daimler sellout/merger whatever you call it. Mopar performance is built by proform. Gone are the days of Plymouth. Gone are desoto. Gone is dodge trucks. But ghosts stay around for a long time.

NoCar340

Reaction score
...the only positive part is the addition of the LX Chassis , 300 , Charger & Challenger platforms which seriously need to be updated although they still perform well for the age .

The LX platform had nothing to do with Chrysler. It was simply the early 1990s (W202) Mercedes C-class platform recycled with new sheetmetal and the odd tweak. Remember the much-hated "Dr. Z" ads, where he touted the advantages of German engineering while pointing at suspension components and such? Daimler found a creative way to make even more money off tooling they hadn't used in a few years simply by redesigning the shell, dropping in a corporate truck V8, and whoring Chrysler's muscle heritage.

moparroy

Reaction score
Sorry guys I have to rock the boat. So negative here! Sure future is uncertain - it has to be by definition - and the past its all part of the journey. We all have a role to play in that future - whether as employees or customers.
Yes I loved my '73 Satellite = my first Mopar and yes I will love my '74 Cuda when its done - but I also really love my '85 Daytona which I think is still more fun to drive overall than my 2010 Challenger SRT even with the Edelbrok blower on it - though its fun for sure too and I love it too. Hell I even loved my '95 Intrepid - though as a daily driver that clocked up 300,000 miles it was a different relationship.
And C class from what I see did not even exist till mid 90's and at that I see nothing in common anymore than the MacPherson struts were in common between Mopar, Chevy and even VW in the years that was the standard front suspension design. Does that mean they were all the same design? Sure there was influence - always is - and I would say it was not all bad.

Back