• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

The Ram Man

Buzzard

Reaction score
*****LET THE BUYER BEWARE*****
Wayne “The Con Man” will gladly take your hard-earned money for substandard work! In the winter of 2012 I had contracted Wayne to rebuild the brake booster from my 1970 Challenger because it was leaking air but otherwise functioning normally.
After he repaired it I had it reinstalled and found out real quick that something was wrong. Whenever I applied the slightest pressure to the brake pedal it was extremely touchy and under any type of fast stopping the brakes would lock up. This was EXTREMELY DANGEROUS for both all occupants inside the car and to others on the road.
I met up with Wayne at Chrysler’s at Carlisle in July, 2013 and spoke to him about this problem. He stated that the rears brakes are not adjusted correctly causing the fronts to do all of the stopping therefore locking up into a skid situation with minimal pressure to the brake pedal. So following the advice of the self-proclaimed “Answer Man for Mopar Brakes”, I incurred the cost of having the rear brakes disassembled, checked, cleaned and reassembled along with re-bleeding of all 4 brakes. Nothing at all changed.
I have since met a former mechanic of a closed local Plymouth dealership who worked on these cars when they were new and he also remembers them extremely well. When I talked with him about this dangerous condition, he immediately suspected that something was wrong with the booster. He asked me to bring the car over to his home to look at it and he happened to have a booster from a 1972 Cuda. He removed the original booster and with a few alterations installed the Cuda booster onto my Challenger. When we took it for a test drive the car stopped perfectly and was actually enjoyable to drive again without the worry of slamming into the rear end of the car in front of me.
I attempted contacting Wayne to have him look at the booster again while it’s still out of the car and left him 3 voice mails and 1 emails over the course of a week. Never once did I receive any type of reply from Wayne or any acknowledgement of my correspondence. When I listened to his greeting on the phone, I learned that he would be in attendance at the Mopar Nationals. So on Sunday Aug 9[SUP]th[/SUP], 2015 I got out of bed at 5:00 AM and drove the 2.5 hours to the Nat’s. After paying $5.00 for parking and another $20.00 to get in I met up with Wayne in the swap meet area at 8:30 AM. After informing Wayne of who I was and the problem that I am having with the vacuum booster that he rebuilt he almost immediately became defensive and in a belligerent manner began shouting at me. He told me that If I was his patient and him my doctor that I would need to seek help elsewhere because there was nothing else that he could do for me. He reitierated the fact that he would not look at it and that he cannot nor he will not help me at all!! I had even asked him to take this one in on trade or to sell me another. I do not understand how a man with his reputation could be so rude and mean to a customer so early on a Sunday morning. All I wanted was to have my booster repaired even if I had to incur the additional cost to do so.
I am not a mechanic, I just happen to love the cars that Chrysler has built over the years!
So in my opinion, Wayne Brown “The Answer Man” for Mopar brakes is a total fraud and an unscrupulous businessman.
Wayne when you read this comment just know that I DO NOT TAKE MY FAMILY’S WELL BEING LIGHTLY. Consider yourself fortunate. Your workmanship could have had some detrimental results for ourselves and others on the road. You should be ashamed of your work and warranty policy. I wonder how you can sleep at night knowing that you have put people’s lives at risk.
I have already opened a case with the Better Business Bureau and plan on filing a complaint with the State of Texas.
I hope you view this as less of a proclamation of discontent and more of a wake-up call. The possibility of a life lost because of your neglect is an enormous price to pay.

js29

Reaction score
GO get him, you did every thing to give him a chance to make things right. any one can make A mistake it's how you handle a situation that tells me about the person I am dealing with. best of luck with this!

tommie69

Reaction score
x2
I agree. I have no use for that type! He should have made good on it , even if it meant him not making any money on it. I do some side work here and there, sometimes I have more hours in the job and make hardly anything on it. But more important to me is that the customer is very happy. Its called having pride in your work, and some people I guess don't have it ?

moparleo

Reaction score
Remember that there are always two sides to a story, and that the truth is usually somewhere in the middle. Not defending anyone, but I have to believe there is more to this story. I am glad that your brakes are working properly for you now. Life is short. Enjoy your car.

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
Buzzard,

Well written explanation of your experience with Wayne. I believe you and will back you up 100%, as I have also had less than stellar experiences with him as well. I find him to be very arrogant and condescending to his customers and he will never actually listen to you. He will repeatedly cut you off and interrupt you to remind you that he "knows all" about brakes and that what you have to say about your car and the problem isn't worth his time.

I will say, I was in his swap tent on Saturday the 8th, at the Mopar Nats also. Just to give you an example, the guy in front of me was asking Wayne about some part he needed. Wayne replied that, Yes, he just happened to have one (I don't remember what part it was) but he couldn't seem to find it. He kept looking around for it and said (and I quote) " I knew some CLOWN would come in here and want one of these".

What a way to refer to your customers! The only CLOWN in that tent was Wayne himself. I sure won't be asking for his "HELP" ever again. There are other vendors that are much more pleasant to deal with than him.

*****LET THE BUYER BEWARE*****
Wayne “The Con Man” will gladly take your hard-earned money for substandard work! In the winter of 2012 I had contracted Wayne to rebuild the brake booster from my 1970 Challenger because it was leaking air but otherwise functioning normally.
After he repaired it I had it reinstalled and found out real quick that something was wrong. Whenever I applied the slightest pressure to the brake pedal it was extremely touchy and under any type of fast stopping the brakes would lock up. This was EXTREMELY DANGEROUS for both all occupants inside the car and to others on the road.
I met up with Wayne at Chrysler’s at Carlisle in July, 2013 and spoke to him about this problem. He stated that the rears brakes are not adjusted correctly causing the fronts to do all of the stopping therefore locking up into a skid situation with minimal pressure to the brake pedal. So following the advice of the self-proclaimed “Answer Man for Mopar Brakes”, I incurred the cost of having the rear brakes disassembled, checked, cleaned and reassembled along with re-bleeding of all 4 brakes. Nothing at all changed.
I have since met a former mechanic of a closed local Plymouth dealership who worked on these cars when they were new and he also remembers them extremely well. When I talked with him about this dangerous condition, he immediately suspected that something was wrong with the booster. He asked me to bring the car over to his home to look at it and he happened to have a booster from a 1972 Cuda. He removed the original booster and with a few alterations installed the Cuda booster onto my Challenger. When we took it for a test drive the car stopped perfectly and was actually enjoyable to drive again without the worry of slamming into the rear end of the car in front of me.
I attempted contacting Wayne to have him look at the booster again while it’s still out of the car and left him 3 voice mails and 1 emails over the course of a week. Never once did I receive any type of reply from Wayne or any acknowledgement of my correspondence. When I listened to his greeting on the phone, I learned that he would be in attendance at the Mopar Nationals. So on Sunday Aug 9[SUP]th[/SUP], 2015 I got out of bed at 5:00 AM and drove the 2.5 hours to the Nat’s. After paying $5.00 for parking and another $20.00 to get in I met up with Wayne in the swap meet area at 8:30 AM. After informing Wayne of who I was and the problem that I am having with the vacuum booster that he rebuilt he almost immediately became defensive and in a belligerent manner began shouting at me. He told me that If I was his patient and him my doctor that I would need to seek help elsewhere because there was nothing else that he could do for me. He reitierated the fact that he would not look at it and that he cannot nor he will not help me at all!! I had even asked him to take this one in on trade or to sell me another. I do not understand how a man with his reputation could be so rude and mean to a customer so early on a Sunday morning. All I wanted was to have my booster repaired even if I had to incur the additional cost to do so.
I am not a mechanic, I just happen to love the cars that Chrysler has built over the years!
So in my opinion, Wayne Brown “The Answer Man” for Mopar brakes is a total fraud and an unscrupulous businessman.
Wayne when you read this comment just know that I DO NOT TAKE MY FAMILY’S WELL BEING LIGHTLY. Consider yourself fortunate. Your workmanship could have had some detrimental results for ourselves and others on the road. You should be ashamed of your work and warranty policy. I wonder how you can sleep at night knowing that you have put people’s lives at risk.
I have already opened a case with the Better Business Bureau and plan on filing a complaint with the State of Texas.
I hope you view this as less of a proclamation of discontent and more of a wake-up call. The possibility of a life lost because of your neglect is an enormous price to pay.

Moparleo,

You are correct that there are always two sides to a story, and we should all try to remember that. But I do believe in this case, Buzzard is NOT exaggerating the situation at all. You really need to personally experience Wayne the Ram Man to understand where the problem lies.

Remember that there are always two sides to a story, and that the truth is usually somewhere in the middle. Not defending anyone, but I have to believe there is more to this story. I am glad that your brakes are working properly for you now. Life is short. Enjoy your car.

TCB

Reaction score
I found myself in a similar situation a couple of weeks ago. I unboxed the dormant disc brake conversion kit I bought from through PST in 2012 which was fine except for the universal booster and bracket they provided- that looks (and fits) nothing Mopar installed from the factory.

I deemed this setup unworthy for my car, and immediately began searching for a correct Mopar brake booster/master cylinder assembly......(to their credit PST now offers a Mopar specific booster replacement kit for extra dough directly through their website).

I called Ram Man first, but this was mid-week. I got his voice message that said he was enroute to the Mopar Nationals, so....

No problem. I called of my very knowledgeable Mopar friends that I knew was attending the Nats.

He would check out my options because he's not just a friend, but a fellow Mopar judge/enthusiast with the memory of an elephant and the resources of an FBI agent for tracking down Mopar correctness.

Armed with my issues my friend set out to check out all brake vendors.....and what did he find?

The Ram Man was not an exclusive vendor for the factory correct brake booster/master cylinder kit that I needed.

Fast forward a few days later (8/13/15), all of my parts were delivered to my door from another vendor selling the exact same parts as the Ram Man.

I wasn't there so I'm not trying being harsh or disparaging. I told my fiend to investigate all prospects. This was mainly about customer service and the Ram Man's price was not a factor in my decision although he is amongst the highest priced.

Last edited:

aussiemark

Reaction score
I would place steering as the most critical system closely followed by brakes. I am amazed this guy could botch your booster and refuse to accept it, if I botched it I would be begging for your forgiveness fix it for free and sweeten the deal somehow.

Back