• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Timing chain question

MikesCuda

Reaction score
I am thinking this is an odd question, but here goes.
I have a 6.4 hemi and I swapped in a new cam and phaser. No I don’t want to talk about why I had to replace the phaser. So all went well and I lined up the chain and the marks on the phaser and crank gear, I expected when I rotate the motor the chain marks would always end up at the marks on the phaser, but no matter how many times I rotate the motor the marks on the chain don’t end up back in the original spot. The marks on the phaser comes to 12 o’clock and match with the crank at 6 o’clock. So is it expected that the chain will not come back to the marks?

moparleo

Reaction score
Hi, Welcome to FEBO. Why not also check into uor welconme wagon forum and tell us what you are running and a picture or 2. ?
You do know that his site is primarily 1970-1974 Mopar vehicles and engines, right ?
Someone may know but you should also look into sites for current, late model Mopar engine info and a Factory Service Manual for the year of car that your engine originally came in.
Good luck

heminut

Reaction score
You do know that his site is primarily 1970-1974 Mopar vehicles and engines, right ?
Someone may know but you should also look into sites for current, late model Mopar engine info and a Factory Service Manual for the year of car that your engine originally came in.
Good luck
And this IS the New Hemi Swaps section, which is right where he should be posting this question! That's what this section is for. These late model swaps are becoming more and more common and discouraging someone from seeking advice here because it isn't from that 5 year time span isn't in the best interest of the forum IMHO.

Your suggestion to look into the late model online info and late model FSM's is certainly good advice though.

Back