• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

To much negitive camber right front only

rocketboy

Reaction score
original a arms replaced bushing and ball joints right side 2.5 neg with a arm maxed out on slides.left side +.75 .Seems like when i tighten ball joint nut it starts pulling it in to neg could it be bent a arm or wrong ball joint.

moparleo

Reaction score
Offset bushings are designed to allow additional caster adjustment, not to repair damaged parts. Remove A-arm and carefully inspect for damage. You may also have subframe damage. Your alignment shop should have done this for you.
The A-arms are being reproduced for around $100.. Offset bushings also require to be installed in a certain orientation. Have you had this car for long ? Do you know its history ?

rocketboy

Reaction score
No i bought it 2 yrs ago and it was in the woods for 18yrs and i restored it 73 barracuda i have it done but i was doing the front end alignment and thought it was odd with so much camber right side only . i did buy new a arms ready to bolt in just got them today.

Rustyrig

Reaction score
Did the control arm fix the problem. I have plus 5 and negative 5 caster in my car and can’t figure it out

thouse

Reaction score
I’m having the same issue. 1 positive on the passenger side and 2 negative on the drivers side. Thats with the Moog offset bushings maxed out for caster.

Rustyrig

Reaction score
That’s a bummer to hear. That makes two of us. My car has lived a hard life I’ll get it on the rack this weekend. I’ll let you know if I find anything

thouse

Reaction score
I put some QA1 tubular upper control arms on Friday night. They definitely help the caster. I could tell by measuring the front of the tire to the lower lip of the fender. I gained about 3/8 of an inch. I put about 30 miles on it today and my front end shake was 90 percent gone. That’s been the issue I’ve been dealing with 6 years. A front end shake that you can see the fenders moving. Everything is great until I hit 65 mph then it would start.I think an alignment will fix the things now.

Back