• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

torsion bar installation

mikeyscuda

Reaction score
I recently installed new rear leaf springs and new torsion bars on a 73 Cuda', I installed the T-bars with no load and LCA's completely hanging, after setting the car back on the ground the car the car leans to one side more than the other by 1 - 2 inches. all adjustments are the same from side to side. I would like any one to tell me what is going on here, I'm afraid the way it is set up all the adjusting in the world won't level the car out. please help

DetMatt1

Reaction score
The bars are different from left to right and they also have a front and back, are you sure they're installed properly? Left being driver's side.

mikeyscuda

Reaction score
I checked yesterday they are installed left on left and right on right. although I wasn't aware of front and back, how can you tell what is the front and back of the t-bar. also I'm assuming front is where the t-bar goes into the lca?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Actually brand new bars it really doesn't matter which is front or back, just left and right. If you pulled the old bars and planned to reuse them, you should put them back the same way.

mikeyscuda

Reaction score
the torsion bars were purchased years ago, and I finally got around to rebuilding the front suspension. I'm not sure what else could be causing this leaning issue.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it is the springs in the rear.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Check the leaf spring mounts (4 bolt plate) that are to the front of the car. Are they both mounted the same. You might have one flipped and it is causing the car to sit lower on that side.

mikeyscuda

Reaction score
i just checked the hangers on the leaf springs, they are mounted in the same manner. I have the front of the car suspended and the car sits level, so is this still a torsion bar issue, or possibly something else? any help would be great.

Back