• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Trade????

Status
Not open for further replies.

71cuda1990

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Ok guys here's the deal. In the near future I may be acquiring a 1973 Chrysler New Yorker with a 440 and 727. I believe it's the two door I gotta find out some more info on it. My Dad called and told me about it back home. It's a daily driver but in good driving condition. The only reason I would buy this car would be to turn around and try to resale it or trade for a project. E body, A body or B body I just want a Mopar I can build into a drag car. My question to everyone out there is, is this even something that would find any kind of interest here? Anyone on the C body forum maybe? Not really into these cars that much so I don't really know what the market for them is like. And before anyone asks I do not have pictures yet. If there turns out to be interest I will start a for sale ad with pictures.

C O D Y

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to say for sure without knowing the detail of the New Yorker (price, condition, ect). But I would hang on to your cash if you're looking to get in to an E, A or B body. Not sure of the value of the C body, but most would (maybe not all) would see it as trading down if they had an E, B, or A body to trade. Also think about if you live in a state that has sales tax on cars. Buy the C body and now you have sales tax to pay too.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
hard to put a value on something without seeing some pics or knowing more solid details about. I have a C body and do frequent that site and will go so far as to say that it probably wouldn't be a hard sell, especially being a 2 door but it's likely not worth a heck of a lot. Hit up a site like Hemmings and Kelly Blue Book to see what they say about value for condition. Also know that you will likely get more car for your buck with an A or B body then you will an E. there is always at least 1 or 2 A bodies on my local Craigslist that are already set up as race cars and they're cheap, or at least at the point where they could not be built for what they are trying to sell them for. My 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back