• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Transmission pan leak.

rt63

Reaction score
My 727 has a leak that appears to be from the front passenger side corner.I have tried a new reusable pan gasket from the dealer.Does anyone have experience with this problem?

moparleo

Reaction score
Do you have access to a lift ? Try spraying the pan to trans area with parts/brake clean aerosol. Blow it off with compressed air. Start engine, put transmission in neutral and recheck for leaks. Transmission fluid is very thin so you must have a good, snug fit with the pan. Can you take a good picture of the area that is leaking ? Did you work on the transmission prior to this leak ?

js29

Reaction score
another possibility is the pan it self could be warped from over tightening. aluminum pans are expensive but are thicker and there for stiffer. some thing to consider!

rt63

Reaction score
looks like it is leaking from the kick down band adjusting screw.I might try to back it off and put some sealant on it.Has anyone else had luck with this procedure?

Litchkar

Reaction score
I battled it too, thought it was the pan, but turned out to be the seal in the linkage shaft. The fluid is so thin it can travel a ways before dropping. I agree with JS 29, a cast pan is better plus has a drain plug.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
I battled it too, thought it was the pan, but turned out to be the seal in the linkage shaft. The fluid is so thin it can travel a ways before dropping. I agree with JS 29, a cast pan is better plus has a drain plug.
Easy to replace with trans still in the car.

Last edited:

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Easy to replace with trans still in the car.

jamesman

Reaction score
transmission pan leak

My 727 has a leak that appears to be from the front passenger side corner.I have tried a new reusable pan gasket from the dealer.Does anyone have experience with this problem?
I am sure you checked pan for flatness?
I believe you can get a better Pan Gasket from a Race Transmission shop.
I would try COAN Transmissions in Kokomo IN or A&A Transmissions in INDIANAPOLIS IN
A&A Trans ( Rick Allison ) is tops on Mopar Trans. He makes alot of Race lightened parts for the 727

upnover

Reaction score
the moroso pan gasket is the best that i have seen, its expensive at around $40 but its rubber coated steel and it seals great, permatorque or something like that, i have them on 3 differant cars. going with a thick race style pan(crt, or b&m make good ones) as others have mentioned goes a long ways too.

Back