• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

TTI exhaust hangers

FY1TopBanana

Reaction score
Anyone else hate the look of the TTI muffler hangers?
I always thought the 2 'tire rubber' straps and clamp showing cluttered the Chall rear view.
So after doing some custom hangers for my Demon exhaust that has 180 deg mufflers and AAR type rocker exits I decided to try to improve on the TTI E body setup.
I kept the TTI clamp and inverted it (helped since the crimp from the u-bolt was already there. I went to an online parts catalog and looked at a bunch of rubber isolators for size and strength. These Honda/Toyota parts I used cost less than $20 apiece.
Then just some tig torch time with 309 rod doing stainless arm fabs and joining to the carbon steel clamp.
Way cleaner look for a few hours work once I figured it out.

IMG_0478.JPG

IMG_0480.JPG

IMG_0498.JPG

20220321_162345_HDR_resized.jpg

Last edited:

JKCuda

Reaction score
I'll let you know in a couple weeks. Have a brand new TTI system sitting in my garage waiting on a motor and trans rebuild! Your modification looks clean though!

FY1TopBanana

Reaction score
I'll let you know in a couple weeks. Have a brand new TTI system sitting in my garage waiting on a motor and trans rebuild! Your modification looks clean though!
Great - will be fun to see your pics. Have extra hands around for the first install - on or off a lift. Usual exhaust wrestling and banging. If you have a tubing expander available in your headpipe size they are handy

JKCuda

Reaction score
Great - will be fun to see your pics. Have extra hands around for the first install - on or off a lift. Usual exhaust wrestling and banging. If you have a tubing expander available in your headpipe size they are handy
Yeah, exhaust is always a PITA. No lift so it will be extra fun. I don't have a tubing expander, why would you recommend that? Main reason I went TTI was quality and fitment. Really was hoping to not have to "make" anything fit haha.

FY1TopBanana

Reaction score
TTI is the stuff for your system. No issues. X pipe or h-pipe, different muffler options all go together differently. Some of the slip connections can use some relief sometimes, thats where the expander is handy. I didn't like the walker dynomax mufflers TTI uses so after I got a few years out of them swapped them for Spintech. One of the benefits of these cars is the sound therapy. The dynomaxs werent doing it for me. Spintech tone is music..

Back