• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

upgrade valve covers and air filter

Shut

Reaction score
Hello to all,

I purchase at Summit this parts from Mopar Performance:

78B49D3B-0E7A-4431-80EE-E1DA32CBACFD_zpsycfyc3zw.png

And I have PCV valve questions:

My engine is this:

DSC05826_zpsrhopnpro.jpg

Now I have a breather hose from PCV to Air Cleaner, but in the Mopar Performance Air Cleaner dont have this hole to he hose, where can I relocate the hose?

because I need the breather hose right??

thansk and best regards

ramenth

Reaction score
You don't necessarily need the breather hose.

As a matter of fact, it looks like the breather you ordered is an "open" style breather, which means it'll have a row of holes on the bottom of it and filled with a filter element that will allow fumes to "breath" out of the engine.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
You may have a time of getting the new valve covers to fit correctly without leaking due to the hp manifolds. It is a very tight fit to get the valve covers into place. I have had to take the exhaust manifolds off, glue the valve covers into place, and then replace the exhaust manifolds. All valve covers are different. Hopefully yours work easily.

Shut

Reaction score
Thank you challenger6pak I hope that its easy to install. Haha

I dont know that I need to remove the exhaust manifolds

moparlee

Reaction score
The valve covers are a tight fit but on my 440 with HP manifolds I did manage to get them installed okay without leaks. I glued the gaskets to the valve covers with 3M adhesive so they would stay in place while installing them.
The retainer screw package you bought says for "A" covers. Did you get the correct ones for your big block "B" motor?

Shut

Reaction score
Thank you moparlee. Ops then I have a mistake in the purchase :(

I cannt find in summit the right ones, can you help me with my B bolts??

moparlee

Reaction score
Shut.........I looked at the Summit listing. It says the bolts are for various applications so they should be ok for the B valve covers. It has 12 bolts which is what you need.

Adam

Reaction score
The open breather will work, but will be sucking "Dirty" air into your engine. The PCV valve lets air get sucked out of the engine to be burned; the open breather is the air intake. When you shut off the engine some crankcase fumes will escape and make your engine compartment dirty over time.

Do not drill the hole for the PCV grommet until you have verified it is the correct grommet for the PCV valve. You might need to use a Chevy valve cover grommet.

Racer57

Reaction score
For Gods sake man.... paint that hood spring !!! :D

Shut

Reaction score
The open breather will work, but will be sucking "Dirty" air into your engine. The PCV valve lets air get sucked out of the engine to be burned; the open breather is the air intake. When you shut off the engine some crankcase fumes will escape and make your engine compartment dirty over time.

Do not drill the hole for the PCV grommet until you have verified it is the correct grommet for the PCV valve. You might need to use a Chevy valve cover grommet.

Adam, Drill?? I need to drill something?? can you send a link with a tutorial please??

Back