• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Upper Ball Joint????????

heybird426

Reaction score
Does anyone know if these are left or right hand thred?, they have never been replaced and Im haveing a real hard time removeing them and I don't want to damage anything. Any advice would be great, Thanks.

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

1973cuda

Reaction score
Hi,The ones on my 74 duster were right hand .They make a special socket for them,i did not know that when i did mine some 23 years ago i had to use a long pipe on my breaker bar very had to turn free.I guess if yours are shot you could apply a little heat ??well good luck!!!

moparleo

Reaction score
He's right. Remember it was installed never to come loose. GM used rivets to attach theirs. I have the correct socket, but you might check with a local garage , or machine shop in your area if they have the correct socket and how much they would charge you to remove and install your ball joint. It would save you a lot of grief. The proper socket is between $30. to $50.00 dollars depending on the quality / brand. Unless you plan on doing this often or have more than 1 Mopar to repair, its cheaper to have someone else do it.

heybird426

Reaction score
thanks guys for all your help. i have the correct socket and a 25 foot pipe! (guess i'll have to cut off 5 feet!) thanks again........heybird.

Cudafever

Reaction score
thanks guys for all your help. i have the correct socket and a 25 foot pipe! (guess i'll have to cut off 5 feet!) thanks again........heybird.

keep the extra 5 feet and mount it in the Car Vice, for support! :poke::D

Back