• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

US or " over seas"

budascuda

Reaction score
Hi (e)very (body).
I recently bought a 1970 cuda grill kit from B&E /A . The seller, during a 1/2 hour phone conversation, assured me that his kits are different than the ones made overseas, he said that his kits are"OE perfect". So my son ordered the kit and when it arrived, contrary to the sellers claims we were surprised to see that the ss trims on the center section have partially popped off and they do not want to stay clipped on. After contacting the seller, he simply said to "squeeze the trim and put it back on, I know you can do it, or use your original trim". I was amazed that a talkative fellow before the sale would have so little to offer after the sale.
At any rate the kit is nice enough but it's one flaw takes away from every thing else.
Does anyone know how to make these trim pieces snap on and stay on?
I am certain that it was made "overseas".
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

aussiemark

Reaction score
I bought one from the same place about 3 years ago and these were supposed to be the last of the good ones as a clearance sale. I paid $550 from memory and it came with the red Cuda centre bar and all the chrome trims attached and included the headlight surrounds. I also spoke with the owner of the shop and he said the other repros being sold didn't have the chrome attached because they don't fit and when you look on Ebay at the others the trims are separate. I took it out of the box 2 years after I bought it and it is good but the paint is a bit patchy and will have to be redone and the chrome trims were covered in masking tape which left residue that was hard to clean off (my fault for not removing it sooner) Some place is selling repro chrome trims for $170 ea so I guess the whole assembly isn't too expensive. Maybe try and use some high strength glue and gently clamp it in position until dry, I wouldn't force it or crimp it in case the trim gets damaged only other thing is if he agrees to let you exchange it for another one.

budascuda

Reaction score
I bought one from the same place about 3 years ago and these were supposed to be the last of the good ones as a clearance sale. I paid $550 from memory and it came with the red Cuda centre bar and all the chrome trims attached and included the headlight surrounds. I also spoke with the owner of the shop and he said the other repros being sold didn't have the chrome attached because they don't fit and when you look on Ebay at the others the trims are separate. I took it out of the box 2 years after I bought it and it is good but the paint is a bit patchy and will have to be redone and the chrome trims were covered in masking tape which left residue that was hard to clean off (my fault for not removing it sooner) Some place is selling repro chrome trims for $170 ea so I guess the whole assembly isn't too expensive. Maybe try and use some high strength glue and gently clamp it in position until dry, I wouldn't force it or crimp it in case the trim gets damaged only other thing is if he agrees to let you exchange it for another one.

budascuda

Reaction score
Thanks aussiemark. I will try to locate originals or better replacements. I am hoping , perhaps one of the members has one kicking about, or you might happen to remember the company that makes them.
If the guy told you that your grill was the last of the good ones a couple years age then mine is definitely not from the last batch. I think he just buys the reproduction grills already available from China and dresses them up a bit and passes them off as US made .
that's how snake oil salesmen used to operate. They re bottled sugar water for cure-all.

fk5aar

Reaction score
Yea heard the same with his last of the American made AAR grilles. I have not seen them In person so can't comment on the quality but he definitely likes to pump his stuff up and claim it's better than the rest.

budascuda

Reaction score
Yea heard the same with his last of the American made AAR grilles. I have not seen them In person so can't comment on the quality but he definitely likes to pump his stuff up and claim it's better than the rest.
Glad you didn't buy the cool aid on that one!

Back