• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Viper vs Baer 13inch front kit

allen Wrench

Reaction score
Why do people go to all the expense and trouble to run Viper front disks when Baer makes a 4 piston caliper 13 inch kit for $1495...Not limited to Mustang wheels? I originally was going Viper w AR Eng but $$$$ by the time your done

71solo2challenger

Reaction score
I agree with you Allen. The Baer kit is a bargain. Especially for what you get. PBR calipers (same as on an 03-04 Mustang Cobra), drilled/slotted rotors (same as what's on a 03/04 Mustang Cobra), new hub and caliper bracket.

I have this kit (still in boxes). I'm also going to go with their 11.7" kit (guess what, parts are similar to that same Mustang Cobra!)

Not only is it less $$$, and they are still quality parts, but lets say you have something happen to your brakes. Finding pads, rotors, and calipers is a lot easier and less specialized. Want upgraded pads and rotors? The aftermarket has a plethora to choose from at decent prices (we're talking mustang quantities compared to viper quantities).

To me its a no brainer.

The ARE kit is designed with the 0 offset wheels in mind. He made a special kit for Tim Werner's Valiant so he could use Mustang wheels in front. Tim's Valiant uses a b-body rear so the mustang wheels fit with no modifications to the rear kit.

The Viper kit is well engineered and may even work better than Baer kit. But I feel the numerous cost advantages of the Baer kit outweigh ARE's Viper kit.

Back