• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wet floors

Frank Logan

Reaction score
After it rains the floors are wet in my 73 challenger. Its not a coolant/ heater core problem. What are the common spots to look for leaks on an e body?

WDO72

Reaction score
Front or rear floors? Is there any rust around or under the windshield and rear window trim? Have you checked for rust holes underneath the rearward tops of the fenders next to the corners of the windshield? (This common rust spot is right below the base of the A pillars. See photo with rust hole below A pillar) Rain may also be entering through rust spots underneath the cowl. Where is the floor wet exactly?

Attachments

• ebody.jpg
    ebody.jpg
    977.6 KB · Views: 108

Frank Logan

Reaction score
Front or rear floors? Is there any rust around or under the windshield and rear window trim? Have you checked for rust holes underneath the rearward tops of the fenders next to the corners of the windshield? (This common rust spot is right below the base of the A pillars. See photo with rust hole below A pillar) Rain may also be entering through rust spots underneath the cowl. Where is the floor wet exactly?
The front floors. It is a vinyl top car so it is probably rusted around the a pillars. I need to replace the top anyway so ill pull it and have a look. Thanks

DetMatt1

Reaction score
My car is a really solid southern car and I had to patch a rust hole under the base of the windshield before new glass went in.

rogue

Reaction score
could be as simple as door glass weather stripping... if they're worn or the windows don't fit tight they can leak. Have had to fix this on mine before... especially when installing new ones they need to be adjusted correctly.

George Shanks

Reaction score
After it rains the floors are wet in my 73 challenger. Its not a coolant/ heater core problem. What are the common spots to look for leaks on an e body?
Take the vent screens off top of cowel, look in at vent openings , check for rust holes. Had that trouble with my cuda. I had to remove and replace top to repair. On mine most of flange was rusted off.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the top of the vent /flange opening under the top cowl. Pic was taken when I was cleaning up my cowl interior and rust proofing the area.
This is where the rust usually occurs (the lip rusts out), thus allowing water in.
Hope this helps give you an idea where your problem may be!

cowl inside.JPG

Back