• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What brake rotors and calipers to use???

saderbaseball1145

Reaction score
I am trying to decide on what rotors and calipers to use on my car. I have a 73 challenger with the front disk brake set up already but I want to upgrade it. I am only able to buy parts right now and hopefully ill be able to do the metal work late this spring. I plan on driving the car a lot so I don't want to have to change pads and rotors every six months. Should I go with drilled or slotted rotors? I have no idea what to use so any help and opinions will be appreciated.

moparleo

Reaction score
Avoid drilled rotors. They are prone to cracking when hot. The 73 disc brake assembly is the upgraded Mopar factory disc option. It uses a larger inner bearing, a unicast 1 piece rotor which is a lot lower in cost than the 72 and down B & E body factory brakes. Here is a very detailed Mopar disc brake article covering spindles, rotors, ball joints, bearings, hoses etc... A good read. Explains the advantages of 73 and up disc brake assemblies.
http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/archive/disc-main.html

Last edited:
Back