• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What size circuit breaker?

heminut

Reaction score
I'm putting a relay box in my Cuda to run my headlights and possibly a set of fog lamps off of. I'm looking at 3 relays total, one each for high and low beams, and one for the fog lamps. Anybody have a suggestion what size amperage circuit breaker I should use for the hot wire feeding the relays?

Steve340

Reaction score
30 amp could be Ok but you may need a 40 if you plan to have them all on together.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
That would depend on what gauge feed wire? 8 gauge? Does this help?
The current I in amps (A) is equal to the power P in watts (W), divided by the voltage V in volts (V): To give you an idea total watts of load 400 w (lights).
I (33.333333333 A)= p (400 W) /V (12 V)
I(A) = P(W) / V(V) You might want to use a wire rated for 40 amps and fuse 35 amps. Run the numbers.

Last edited:

heminut

Reaction score
That would depend on what gauge feed wire? 8 gauge? Does this help?
The current I in amps (A) is equal to the power P in watts (W), divided by the voltage V in volts (V): To give you an idea total watts of load 400 w (lights).
I (33.333333333 A)= p (400 W) /V (12 V)
I(A) = P(W) / V(V) You might want to use a wire rated for 40 amps and fuse 35 amps. Run the numbers.
I have no intentions of even trying to figure out what this is you posted! Thanks!

Back