• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Whats it worth?

440fish

Reaction score
Don't really know where else to post this so here I go. I have a complete 833 tranny with BB bell housing and original 1970 Pistol grip shifter removed from a 70 challenger. This was removed as a whole when a TKO 5 speed was installed 10 years ago. The tranny functioned properly when removed although i remember the shifter being a little wobbly and probably should be freshened up before putting to use. I can guarantee that it is in serviceable condition and all gears intact.

Time to get it out of the garage. What is a fair price for this complete as id like to just sell as a package? I would post in the for sale section but you need to provide an ask price.

Just want it gone and hope it helps someone out.

Located in CT but could ship if necessary

Cuda_mark

Reaction score
I'm also in CT. I am assuming it's a 23 spline output shaft and not an 18? Do you know if the tranny and bellhousing were original to the car?

moparlee

Reaction score
Give Brewer's a call and talk with one of the guys. I am sure they can give you good idea on value.

440fish

Reaction score
It is a 23 spline. Not sure if it was the original tranny but the bell housing is not because the car was originally a small block and this is a BB housing.

Also have the transmission support and driveshaft to go with it. All in all a great package for someone building a 4 speed car.

Maybe ill give Brewers a call today. Probably a Good idea

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Brewers will tell you what they will pay for it. That may not be what it is worth. They are in business to earn money. I have never found them to be dishonest in any way. They will offer you a price that they can earn money off of for their time. Without any photos, part numbers etc., I would say $800 up. They will need part numbers and casting numbers to make a decision on value.

moper

Reaction score
I have a friend in CT looking for a 70 bell. He might be willing to take the whole deal. Bells go around $300-350, transmission as a71-up B & E should be anywhere from $400-$700 depending.

PM me your contact info and I'll passs it along. I know he has cash waiting.

Back