• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Where to find body panel fasteners?

btceng

Reaction score
Can anyone help me find a source for the "blind nut" type fasteners used on the front clip assembly? I'm looking to replace the fender clips and bolts and the similar fasteners on the various other locations on the car. I have found some at the local hardware store but are metric. I'm sure that Year One and others have them but at the $4 each figure. Thanks for the help.

ramenth

Reaction score
I usually buy mine from my local paint jobber. If you have a good local auto collision supply store near you (a store who does a bulk of their business supplying paint and material to your local collision shops, not just the walk-in buying public) then you might want to give 'em a try.

btceng

Reaction score
Thanks ramenth. We have a local paint store but they do not carry the panels or fasteners. We also have the national chain auto parts stores but they are expensive for those little parts. I have found a source on ebay and I just was concerned about the quality of the phosphate coating and whether they would hold up. I suppose most are from the same source anyway.

I have successfully disassembled the car completely. I am now in way over my head but still having fun.

Back