• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Which top is best - 1971 Barracuda

Chryslerdude

Reaction score
Hello E-Buddies!

I got my hands on a lovely 1971 conv Barracuda project - original born as a 383 Auto FE5 car, with black top.. and is still FE5 now, but the project came with a new WHITE top... (and white glass back window), from "KEE Auto top", and it looks like it's really good quality!

However, I think I'd prefer to restore it back to "as original as possible", and actually even think that I perfer the black on red... so I'll sell off the white top, and get a black top instead!

My question in regard to this; "is there any consensus in the Mopar community, abt which top manufactor is the best.. OER, KEE, or perhaps some other brand"..?

Of these two, OER is most convenient for me, as I am ordering a ton of parts from Classic Industries already.. (who carry OEM products), but if KEE is better, I'll pony up the extra shipping.. (Wanna do right by this beauty !!)

Thnx in advance for any input !! Now, it's time to see if I can find me, a set of those "1971 unobtanium-park lamps".. 😅

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I think my top is an Electron?(I’ll double check). I got it through Roseville Moparts and have been happy with it.
Yep, Electron.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Chryslerdude

Reaction score
Hey Matt
Long time, no talking - Hope you're doing good! Thnx so much for feedback.. Never heard abt Electron! Will check Roseville.. I'm ordering from there too..!
Just updated my signature to include my youngest "child".. oddly satisfying, ha ha.. but man, I'm stretching it, both with the economy and with wifey! I am afraid that the coming summer, will cut it back a few cars..

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Hey Kasper, yes its been a long time. I am doing good and hope the same for you!
don’t forget that the top and the back glass unit are sold separately.
I'm in the same boat as you pal! I’m at 6 right now. Have you seen my Mobile Director that I’m currently restoring?
31749DCB-C706-41ED-A251-2238DD895714.jpeg
D6E9B15A-4D32-469C-BBA4-2B8BE9516E82.jpeg
37A6021C-7692-4694-AFF0-0C28976263D1.jpeg

Back