• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

White Lightning AAR Cuda

Crittah

Reaction score
Howdy folks-

I came into a vehicle recently that has quite the past, but I'm having a hard time finding any information on it. The only info I am getting is from previous owners.
Here's the scoop- I recently acquired a car that supposedly was a Indy Pace Car, has camera mounts in it, has an original blue bench seat but is a floor automatic trans, thinner gauge steel hemi fenders, interior is blue, and supposedly was a car that had something to do with Richard Petty. It's a BS23JOB car, early build. It was sold out of a dealership in Indiana that dubbed it "white lightning".
The guy I'm purchasing it from has substantial evidence. BUT- the car was stolen in the late 70's. Fender tag was stripped, engine, trans, hood & tail.

It is an AAR, I'm sure of that by the exhaust hangers, rear tail panel, beefy spring boxes and stampings. Not sure about the history though.

Have any of you heard of such a car?

Crittah

Reaction score
I have a match on the cowl, rad support, vin tag, and on the frame rail.

quapman

Reaction score
Frame rail VIN? We need a pic of that unicorn.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
I've been around these cars a long time now and have yet to see a vin stamped on a frame rail. Sounds like a very interesting car. Are you saying that it's originally a buckets/console car but currently has a bench in it now?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Could have been a column auto and the floor shift was added. Need pics to figure it out.

moparlee

Reaction score
I know there was a '71 Challenger Indy Pace Car, but was not aware of a Cuda being one.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
A lot of race tracks had there own track pace cars that weren't really recognizes as pace cars and didn't see duty at other tracks. I read a story of a Superbird that saw similar use, iirc.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I would very much like to see a frame rail vin. PLEASE. Even if it's a crappy picture. PLEASE post a picture of a frame rail vin................

Back