• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Who makes a stock replacement tank with baffles for drag racing with a carb?

Stockcar axeman

Reaction score
I saw in an older Classic Industries catalog they used to offer custom aluminum gas tanks that were a stock shape and you used a stock sending unit but it also had baffles in it but now they don't offer it anymore. I've searched the internet with no luck so I am hoping someone might be able to point me towards a company that can help me out. I want to use a tank that fits where the stock tank is and use my stock style pickup/sending unit for my stock gauge but I need baffels as the car is going to leave hard with the wheels ups. Any help appreciated!

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I could use one of these with baffles. I hope someone can let us know where some are available.
This is the first I have heard of the baffled tank.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
The Tank inc tanks are baffled for EFI But I believe the pick up is different .
My duster had a stock tank & left with the wheels 3' up never had a starvation issue .

Stockcar axeman

Reaction score
The Tank inc tanks are baffled for EFI But I believe the pick up is different .
My duster had a stock tank & left with the wheels 3' up never had a starvation issue .
I guess with enough fuel it's not an issue. I would like to stay with a stock tank but just trying to eliminate any issues that might come up. I'm trying to find that balance between a street car and a 1320 ride. Ha ha

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
A few years ago back in 86 I built my 440 Duster , it was street legal with heater & wipers & stock seats but had a full cage & would run 11.7 @118 .

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
No problem with the fun factor !!
Actually after 9 seasons racing it got boring so I built a 70 tube chassis Cuda

Back