• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Window felts/cats whiskers

SpeedD408

Reaction score
I need to replace the window felts on the drivers side of my 71 Cuda. I took the door panel off and with the window all the way down, I think I can get to all but 2 maybe 3 screws holding the outside felt on. Is there a trick to doing this with the window installed or do I need to pull the window out? I'll probably do both inside and outside felts as why not when you are this far in, but was hoping to not need to remove the window. Reason, I've never done it before and not sure how to put it back in and get everything in alignment.

70chall440

Reaction score
Inside the door at the bottom there should be 1 or 2 large rubber "stops" that the glass hits when it in the down position, roll up the window and remove them, then the window will go down far enough to get to the screws.

SpeedD408

Reaction score
Inside the door at the bottom there should be 1 or 2 large rubber "stops" that the glass hits when it in the down position, roll up the window and remove them, then the window will go down far enough to get to the screws.

Thanks. I saw one of the window stops and it was laying down and the window would not go down any further, maybe there is a 2nd (I didn't see) that was keeping it from dropping further. I'll have to check the next time I open up the door.

Thank you.

SpeedD408

Reaction score
Anybody know of a company that has the window felt/cat whiskers in stock?

Roseville Moparts web site states backordered until 2022.
Classic Industries - website states out of stock, but "arriving soon." Person on the phone had no clue when Soon was.
TNT Auto Parts - website stated in stock. I call and nope, they are out of stock as well.
Detroit Muscle - website states out of stock.
Just Mopar - website states out of stock.

Currently try to get a hold of Mr. Moparts as their site will let me order them but does not mention if they are in stock or not.

Last edited:

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Anybody know of a company that has the window felt/cat whiskers in stock?

Roseville Moparts web site states backordered until 2022.
Classic Industries - website states out of stock, but "arriving soon." Person on the phone had no clue when Soon was.
TNT Auto Parts - website stated in stock. I call and nope, they are out of stock as well.
Detroit Muscle - website states out of stock.
Just Mopar - website states out of stock.

Currently try to get a hold of Mr. Moparts as their site will let me order them but does not mention if they are in stock or not.
Roseville Moparts just got a couple sets of them in 3 days ago. I have a 73 Chally, not sure about your Cuda. I called and talked to him and he told me he did not post it yet. Try calling ASAP, they will not last.

SpeedD408

Reaction score
Roseville Moparts just got a couple sets of them in 3 days ago. I have a 73 Chally, not sure about your Cuda. I called and talked to him and he told me he did not post it yet. Try calling ASAP, they will not last.
Thank you. I just called and left a message for them as well as sent a note to them via their website. Hopefully they still have a set.

SpeedD408

Reaction score
@Juan Veldez - Thank you. I called Roseville Moparts and left a message. I then sent them a note via their website and David responded stating they had just received 6 units yesterday; therefore, I placed my order. Thank you very much. This is something that has needed to be done for over a year. Now, I get to fix it.

Last edited:

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
@Juan Veldez - Thank you. I called Roseville Moparts and left a message. I then send them a note via their website and David responded stating they had just received 6 units yesterday. Therefore, I placed my order. Thank you very much. This is something that has needed to be done for over a year. Now, I get to fix it.
Life is good - Happy Friday!

SpeedD408

Reaction score
I just installed the drivers side window felt. Went on with ease. I was able to crank down the window about an extra 1/2 to get clearance to the screws. It didn't like it very much but it went back up with no issues. I'm thinking that it never gets that low under normal use so it just wasn't as lubricated on the ends. Anyway other than dropping the end screw in and watching it fall into the door latch mechanism, it was easy. Spending 45 min trying to get the screw out without removing the door latch wasn't as fun, but it is out and all is well. New felt rubs the glass like it should and looks to be perfect. Now I'm a bit more open to getting it wet. Having a door rust out from the inside out would suck.

Thanks,

Back