• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Would a pistol grip fit here (bench seat Barracuda)?

elnielsen

Reaction score
Hey all,
I replaced the shift shaft seal on my A904-LA, and it's leaking like crazy. My buddy has an e-body (I believe 23 spline) pistol grip four speed. My car was made column transmission because of the bench seat, and then the first owner had A/C installed at the dealership. I've heard of modifications for installation with the bench seat set up, but with dealer added A/C is this possible? I'm just thinking no one's gonna rebuild an A904, and if mine doesn't seal up with the SS seal on the way, then I'm not going to either. 318 car, for now.

Thanks all!

image4.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image8.jpeg

image0.jpeg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I know using the front mount fo rthe shifter & the Bench seat pistol it will work just fine but with the AC unit I am not so sure . if you can find a 71 B body bench seat & measure

Adam

Reaction score
That seal is easy to replace, and easy to bend it while installing it.. Btw, a 904 has the same valve body as a 727, so you could also install a shift kit while you have it apart, or put in a performance vb..

70chall440

Reaction score
Anything can be done with enough time, money and work but in the case the end result might not be all that great. You could use the front mounting location for the shifter however that puts the shifter pretty much directly under your AC unit, you could modify a shifter handle to work, but its going to take a lot of effort, it would be easier just to repair the trans you have now or get some buckets and do the conversion correctly.

Back