• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

wrong measurements on my challenger

rklein71

Reaction score
It might be worth your time to find a member who has a clean non-damaged car and take a bunch of pictures and careful measurements in person.

ogre

Reaction score
Another question, I am able to move the frame rails easily enough with the 10 ton ram but once they are pushed out they dont remain , they spring back but not all the way. I pushed them to 48" outside to outside the rails but the spec I see says 49". They keep coming back to 46.75". I am a little fearful of pushing them to say 50 so they come back to 49" any advice??

The new crossmember is still way off compared to the car, I am looking for the distance between the inside holes.
On the bright side the passenger quarter has sprung back about 80%, definitely savable just not sure if by me yet.

ogre

Bug Guy

Reaction score
Another question, I am able to move the frame rails easily enough with the 10 ton ram but once they are pushed out they dont remain , they spring back but not all the way. I pushed them to 48" outside to outside the rails but the spec I see says 49". They keep coming back to 46.75". I am a little fearful of pushing them to say 50 so they come back to 49" any advice??

The new crossmember is still way off compared to the car, I am looking for the distance between the inside holes.
On the bright side the passenger quarter has sprung back about 80%, definitely savable just not sure if by me yet.

ogre
Don’t you have some one whit a challenger that you can take the measurements you need?

ogre

Reaction score
not at the moment, I was always a "B" body fan, and I have 2 chargers and access to at least 2 more but no "E" bodies. This was a first. Its a great idea, and I will pursue it.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
When you establish center line you then know if you are pushing one side or the other to far. The metal in the 1/4 panels IS stretched.It has to be shrunk or push out. make up a spreader ( 2x4 or 4x4) to fit between the rails to free up the porta power.push and find where the pressure is at and relive it. a little bit at a time.There is spring back until you relive the pressure.With every thing attached you will do more damage. You can't push beyond and compassionate for spring back. If you can get one side at a time in place you are off to a good start. Get the tail light assembly lay out on the floor and measure the mounting holes.that can be you lay out for that area. If you don't have it some might get it for you. It would take me a day or to to get to it. I have to take it out. REMEMBER FIRST IN LAST OUT! REMEMBER FIRST IN LAST OUT! REMEMBER FIRST IN LAST OUT!

Last edited:
Back