• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Yesterday went good

mopar car lady

Reaction score
Yesterday went good,vehicles in and out done.A good customer of mine dropped of a classic Chrysler for me to work on,a 1951 Chrysler Windsor.He knows me very well and only lets me work on his Mopars knowing I love Mopars.Dropped it off with a noise in the transmission,diagnosed as a noisey pump and got lucky.Found an online place to get parts and and a great uncle of mine has a couple of the specialty tools I need for the job on Monday.Picked them up yesterday.He is 98 years old and gets around very well still,was a Chrysler tech telling me I needed these specialty tools.He has worked on a few of them.Plus a new Matco dealer and he is pretty good impressing me on the spot,I handed him a broken ratchet that needed fixed sitting in my toolbox for a year.Fixed it under warranty without an issue.My last Matco dealer was a real dick,kicked his butt out a year ago.Dad and I had enough of his bad service.Warranty issues and excuses galore,he lost sales to my Snap On dealer whom I get great service out of dealing with him 11 years now.

mopar car lady

Reaction score
This customer bought it restored 2 years ago.Luckily my great uncle was brought down to see how I took apart today and he was impressed I did it right.Had to use 4 heat lamps to get the pump apart on the bench.Found the gears were bad,bushing in the pump was bad too.Have the parts on order.Shown the old Chrysler Master slide shown on youtube on this transmission to my great uncle and he was glad I did my research how to take it apart.I am not afraid to do the next one,supposed to get another one in a couple weeks in,a 1951 Dodge.What I was told,someone else was into this one with the same complaint,noisey pump in the transmission.I watched this youtube video on this slide,

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
That was a cool video. Or film show. The little guy is cheesy, but that's how things were back then. Kinda Cheesy. Glad you figured it out.
Got a picture of the car or the transmission torn apart?

mopar car lady

Reaction score
Didn't take pictures.I figure things out first,costs more when you break a part

AUSTA

Reaction score
Its easy to pull them apart its putting them together that can become confusing take pics as you pull it down then you can follow the reverse process to reassemble & also post the pics up for us to see

Back