• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

T/A Fuel fill pipe 1 or 2?

EV2&Q5

Reaction score
I have noticed two types of fuel fill pipes to the gas tank. I have seen some T/As with one and others with two. Mine has two. Does some one know why?
IMG_0222.JPG

Adam

Reaction score
The short pipe is not a fill tube; inside it contains 4 vent tubes which plug into the side of the gas tank. Each tube runs to a corner inside the tank. You should inspect the four hoses underneath, periodically.

My tank was so rotten that when I tried to pull the hoses off the vent tubes one of the tubes ripped out of the tank and came off in my hand.

EV2&Q5

Reaction score
The short pipe is not a fill tube; inside it contains 4 vent tubes which plug into the side of the gas tank. Each tube runs to a corner inside the tank. You should inspect the four hoses underneath, periodically.

My tank was so rotten that when I tried to pull the hoses off the vent tubes one of the tubes ripped out of the tank and came off in my hand.
Thanks Adam. I feel like a tool asking that question. The tank, trunk floor as well as the fuel lines are new(1 year old). I just noticed, after 59 years of age, that some e bodies don't have that vent tube there.

Rich G.

Reaction score
I believe that vent pipe is probably a California emissions one. The standard one I usually see looks link another fuel line looped up the wheel well and back down into the tank.

Grady Cain

Reaction score
I have noticed two types of fuel fill pipes to the gas tank. I have seen some T/As with one and others with two. Mine has two. Does some one know why?

Both Adam & Rich G. are correct. What you have is the Evaporation Control System (E.C.S.).

EV2&Q5

Reaction score
Figured as much. It was purchased in California and never left.

moparlee

Reaction score
I am not sure about the 70's, but the 71's which were built in Michigan also have the same ECS system. So in 71 anyway, it wasn't just a California emission requirement.

Rich G.

Reaction score
My 71 Cuda has that system also and it’s a NJ car

AUSTA

Reaction score
Is there a N95 on the fender tag ihave 2 x tA single pipe an A66 multipipe like yours also has N95 emission code on the tag

EV2&Q5

Reaction score
Thank you. It seems as I age I have problems researching things. I also have a 69 Dart 340. But things I used to know I forget. I still love my cars and wife(who would never let me sell my cars).
I stumbled on this T/A. I bought it because I had one when I was younger. I love driving it. So please bear with me as I ask questions. Thank you for answering my questions.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Thank you. It seems as I age I have problems researching things. I also have a 69 Dart 340. But things I used to know I forget. I still love my cars and wife(who would never let me sell my cars).
I stumbled on this T/A. I bought it because I had one when I was younger. I love driving it. So please bear with me as I ask questions. Thank you for answering my questions.
I think we all get a bit of that as we get older i spend 5 minutes to fit a part & 20 minutes searching for were i left it

EV2&Q5

Reaction score
I think we all get a bit of that as we get older i spend 5 minutes to fit a part & 20 minutes searching for were i left it
That made me laugh out loud. Because when I find the part after twenty minutes I gather up my tools and end up misplacing the part again.

wingcarenvy

Reaction score
Hey there, congrats on buying your T/A. I longed for a T/A since I was a little kid and my dads boss had one of the nicest unrestored T/As in the country. A few years ago I got my hands on one and I love driving it. I wish it was EV2 but its FJ5 instead. The EXEMPT stickers on your car are indeed from California and its a program that was started in the early 80's. I hope that helps. Oh and here is a pic of my car and my friends.

IMG_0216_zpsbvavcj2i.jpg

IMG_3550_zpsxfuwcwet.jpg

Back