• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rallye Tach Updated Electronics???

wedg2go

Reaction score
How can one tell if the circuit board has been updated? My concerns is having to purchase a new board and finding out my current one is updated. Here's a photo.
20190407_150731.jpg

Is there a way to know?

tonysrt

Reaction score
I think if it was updated you wouldn't see the components clearly marked as you have there. Texas instruments transistors and capacitors marked as well. I would think update would use IC's instead of transistors. Updated circuitry would replace entire board and I believe you have to take it completely apart by removing rivets on face of tach.

AUSTA

Reaction score
They are all old sytle components the only part that may be later is the greencap check the other side for fresh solder

Adam

Reaction score
That looks like a factory item to me...

This is a common upgrade; factory tachs are not known for great accuracy.

I have installed a couple of these kits, easy to do.

Main Page - rte

wedg2go

Reaction score
Is there someplace that sells the whole tach with solid state for a direct replacement.

BTW - the solder looks fresh on the other side of the board and who is to say it isn't new. It most likely is. Just that it doesn't work, as it is far from accurate with my MSD ignition. Hate those cautionary shifts on a performance engine.

BcudaChris

Reaction score
Welcome - Mr Heaterbox and Interior Restoration Services

This company does boards for just about all old mopars, and tach boards that work with MSD type systems. They rebuilt my std cluster, but I didn't need a board. Their electronic voltage limiter is a good piece, but not sure if it is theirs or not.

Worth investigating the option anyway. They have an ebay store, but I'd call directly. It will be cheaper. They are in Canada, so shipping is a bit of a hassle and more expensive than we're used to.

Excellent service and great work but I wouldn't put their people answering the phone in a telesales gig. Extremely knowledgeable and confident in their products but have your questions ready because you won't get a sales pitch. Personally, I appreciate this approach.

wedg2go

Reaction score
Welcome - Mr Heaterbox and Interior Restoration Services

This company does boards for just about all old mopars, and tach boards that work with MSD type systems. They rebuilt my std cluster, but I didn't need a board. Their electronic voltage limiter is a good piece, but not sure if it is theirs or not.

Worth investigating the option anyway. They have an ebay store, but I'd call directly. It will be cheaper. They are in Canada, so shipping is a bit of a hassle and more expensive than we're used to.

Excellent service and great work but I wouldn't put their people answering the phone in a telesales gig. Extremely knowledgeable and confident in their products but have your questions ready because you won't get a sales pitch. Personally, I appreciate this approach.

Contacted several companies in reply to this subject and determined Mr Heaterbox did it for me. In fact, I sent him my tach today. In correspondence with this company I was informed that he would install an updated board and calibrate the instrument on a MSD AL6 setup. Now that is service and that impressed me to no end. On top of that, his fee was very fair. Better than I could say about the US postage.

We'll see how it goes.

Thanks Chris for the referral. Much appreciated...

BcudaChris

Reaction score
N/P. I'm confident you'll be happy with the end product. I know I am happy with mine. I'll be having him do my heater control as well when I get to that project.

Back