• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

what all was red on a 70 barracuda red interior?

upnover

Reaction score
i have a base 70 barracuda that is a white car with red interior, the car is a project but it looks like the seats, dash, and steering wheel were all red, but it has black rear door panels(fronts missing, who knows if rear are original), and looks like it had black carpet so my ? is what all should be red, i have no buildsheet. thanks guys!

DrEamer

Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge there was never a E body with mixed color interior, so I would venture a guess that the original color was everything red. I know a fair share of cars were converted to black because people either did not like the other colored interior, or could not find the color panels that they needed. Fortunately, most all the interior pieces are available in the various color options now.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
White and red is a possibility. What's your fender tag call out for the color? EW would be the code for White and red.

What color is your dash? Got any pictures of what's there?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
This Cuda belongs to Ola Nilsson (Cudaized). It is a factory correct red interior car. The steering column is red because it has a Rallye dash . The standard dash will have a black steering column.
397655_2730445357746_3719113_n.jpg

71Max

Reaction score
70Convertible 015.jpg

This is an original '70 Challenger convert, right after it was pulled from a barn. It has the standard dash with a red column. It may be possible that the standard dash came black with the column shift and the console shift ones had the matching color column.

volunteer

Reaction score
perfect, thanks guys
I imagine you've already done some snooping at larger outlets such as Year-One or Layson's. You'd also need rear 'package tray' and roof liner. There may be listings for all the parts you need - but not in the color you want.

Spyguy73

Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge there was never a E body with mixed color interior, so I would venture a guess that the original color was everything red. I know a fair share of cars were converted to black because people either did not like the other colored interior, or could not find the color panels that they needed. Fortunately, most all the interior pieces are available in the various color options now.
i had a 70 aar cuda in rallye red with red interior and yes, EVERYTHING was red.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
View attachment 62823
This is an original '70 Challenger convert, right after it was pulled from a barn. It has the standard dash with a red column. It may be possible that the standard dash came black with the column shift and the console shift ones had the matching color column.
You never know for sure with Mopar .

Spyguy73

Reaction score
has anyone on this forum any knowledge of AAR cudas in central NY? i am looking for VIN BS23JOB305206, Last known owner was richard valentino. any leafs are greatly appreciated.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Hey Spyguy73
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
Go to the new member section and intro yourself!
You may want to post your request there.
Someone here may know info on the AAR you are looking for.
What’s the story with the car?
Good luck with your search.

upnover

Reaction score
whats everyones choice for the interior paint/dye? totally auto came to mind, $13 a can to ship is ridiculous, thanks

aussiemark

Reaction score
I got some special paint for plastic mixed up at an automotive paint store, I took some new metro door panels for them to use to match the colour (they have an electronic scan to get the colour just right) and they mixed it up and even put the thinners in so it was ready to go in the spray gun pot. You will get a better result with a proper spray gun then a rattle can 17 fl oz was about $20 and that is plenty to do a whole interior.

Back