• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

no tach rallye dash

TRipnip51

Reaction score
1970 challenger A62 car with no tach. Just a blank plate where tach should be.Car also has a N85 code for a tach. Was there a tach delete available?
Help is appreciated

TRipnip51

Reaction score

dash close 2019.jpg

dash close 2019.jpg

dash close 2019.jpg

dash 1 2019.jpg

TRipnip51

Reaction score
looks factory and there is a part # 2984764 for a blank plate. I can not find original owner to inquire.

Reaction score
From my 70 parts book, 2984764 is listed as "Cover instrument panel clock hole" it is listed as fitting 1970 Belvedere and Coronet.
There is nothing like that showing for an E body.
Maybe the original tach quit working and the previous owner found the cover at a junk yard?
From your pictures, I don't see the clock or speedo reset knobs, maybe that's a sign that it's been apart before.

TRipnip51

Reaction score
From my 70 parts book, 2984764 is listed as "Cover instrument panel clock hole" it is listed as fitting 1970 Belvedere and Coronet.
There is nothing like that showing for an E body.
Maybe the original tach quit working and the previous owner found the cover at a junk yard?
From your pictures, I don't see the clock or speedo reset knobs, maybe that's a sign that it's been apart before.
thanks for info. mystery continues!

volunteer

Reaction score
Any more info? No such thing as OEM blocking plate on an E-body rallye dash. How long have you had the car? What engine code does it have? Most likely one of the previous owners installed a rallye cluster - either before or after factory tach removed. May or may not be a factory (grey?) wire attached to neg. side of coil. If there is, it will pass thru separate grommet in firewall. Could be any wire now coming off coil - to operate non-factory tach.

quapman

Reaction score
What's the mystery? PO installed a B body blockoff in his E body.

TRipnip51

Reaction score
What's the mystery? PO installed a B body blockoff in his E body.
you are probably correct sir. just weird someone would remove a working or nonworking and have know how about blank. Cant locate original owner even after expensive title searches!!

Back