• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

brake booster

73cuda408

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum,, so bear with me.. i need help finding a brake booster for my 73 cuda, pancake style. rebuuilt or somebody to rebuild it for me... I've been looking for a while

71RT383

Reaction score
Sent my 71cad plated PB Booster to "Booster Dewey Exchange " years ago was happy with the result.
PBBE-Logo_400.png

Steve340

Reaction score
I had the Midland Ross booster on my car and changed it to the Ram Man Hemi booster.
It is much more powerful than the pancake booster and is brand new.
I got the installation kit off him and his Hemi master cylinder and I am very happy with it.

73cuda408

Reaction score
So did you have to relocate/change your front and back brake lines ?? How much more room did that set up take up ??

Steve340

Reaction score
Mine was already a disc brake car so lines etc were no change.
My car is a 340 engine and I found there was more room. Although the booster is slightly longer it is less diameter.

Steve340

Reaction score
I just had a look on his website and the whole kit including master is $525 with free shipping

73cuda408

Reaction score
The problem i keep wondering about is that i have big bump stick solid lift cam, and i wonder about booster holding what vacuum i have. I see these 8 inch boosters for me but dont know if that's works for my car.. Maybe i should give Deweys a call and end this ??? My car is also a oem front disc brake car.. just looked at it again and it would'nt be that bad to move brake lines..

Last edited:

ph23vo

Reaction score
also most solid cams have decent vacuum if they have enuf initial timing!

73cuda408

Reaction score
also most solid cams have decent vacuum if they have enuf initial timing!
I'm running about 38 dgs inital timing on this cam, numbers are at dur 50 thousand 252/262 lift 542/555 with 1.6 rockers. It's a 408 if that matters. Original booster had fluid in it so i bought a booster from Ramman.inc . Now i have 1 good push on brakes and that's it,they will almost lock up but let up and try and push again almost nothing... Been doing something research and i'm going to install a vacuum pump i believe... anybody got a better idea let me know

Back