• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

AMD Discontinuing certain parts with a 50% discount

340challconvert

Reaction score
Called AMD directly this morning (Wednesday) to order a trunk spare tire hold down bracket for the trunk. Part is listed on their discounted/discontinued list. Before I even requested a specific part from the list, the woman told me that the discount was no longer in effect and that they had too many orders to process as the reason.
I said I was viewing the discount list from YESTERDAY and she indicated the sale was over.
"In one day", I replied? :rofl:
She gave me the 50% discount on the trunk spare bracket.

I was thinking of ordering a Challenger rallye hood; not sure why they are discontinuing that?
Anyway: Call directly, it may help if you need anything on the list.

Dino2 (2).gif

Reaction score
Why is any of it discontinued? Because they don’t sell enough, as 90% of eBody owners have to have a shaker hood these days.

Last edited:

moparlee

Reaction score
Here is the AMD discontinued Mopar parts list.
The Challenger rallye hood on the list is the one with the hood pin holes. The rear valance without exhaust cut outs is also on the list, for the T/A guys.
And lots of A and B body stuff.
Parts are showing as half off now.
Discontinued Mopar

Last edited:

djais1801

Reaction score
Called AMD directly this morning (Wednesday) to order a trunk spare tire hold down bracket for the trunk. Part is listed on their discounted/discontinued list. Before I even requested a specific part from the list, the woman told me that the discount was no longer in effect and that they had too many orders to process as the reason.
I said I was viewing the discount list from YESTERDAY and she indicated the sale was over.
"In one day", I replied? :rofl:
She gave me the 50% discount on the trunk spare bracket.

I was thinking of ordering a Challenger rallye hood; not sure why they are discontinuing that?
Anyway: Call directly, it may help if you need anything on the list.

View attachment 68603
my friend has one in NJ...brand new- he's restoring his and went with a shaker setup last minute... let me know if you want his info. He's in Bergen County

gzig5

Reaction score
Just ordered a set of quarter skins for my 73 Cuda. Shipping charge was a little shocking but I will get both sides delivered for $150 less than one full quarter without shipping. $450-ish delivered for both sides. I think I'll be OK with the skins because the upper halves appear to be in good shape. At least I hope so.

quapman

Reaction score
Yeah, the sale lasted about 4 minutes before the site almost crashed with the activity. They literally did not know if they had enough inventory to cover the orders. Imagine if the prices were 2/3 of the "normal" price. They'd sell more and not have to discontinue anything. Greed. It's what's for dinner.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Really glad you able to get the quarter panel parts you needed! :thumbsup:

Dino2 (2).gif

Just ordered a set of quarter skins for my 73 Cuda. Shipping charge was a little shocking but I will get both sides delivered for $150 less than one full quarter without shipping. $450-ish delivered for both sides. I think I'll be OK with the skins because the upper halves appear to be in good shape. At least I hope so.

NixDad

Reaction score
So, what exactly is the AMD story? Are they truly just getting out of some inventory that was not selling, and likely would never move?
Are they simplifying the business? (i think they have versions of the same items that wouldn't make business sense to me...like a Challenger hood with and without holes for hood pins, or bumper brackets, etc)
Getting out of Mopar stuff?

340challconvert

Reaction score
They seem to be axing a lot of early mid-60's b body sheet metal (probably low sellers) and consolidating their parts inventory of parts that could be redundant ex; challenger rallye hood w holes by selling only the hood w no hood pin holes.
Could be more difficult to get parts from China now too?
Either way, I ordered a bracket for the spare tire that I was able to get at 50% off
I would try if you need something.

seneca

Reaction score
If you go to the Mopar Connection website there is an article quoting AMD management on what they are doing re: mopar products. Let's face it guys, sooner or later the demand to salvage and restore old Mopars ( and any others brands) will dry up as us old guys fade away. This hobby can't go on forever because few in the following generations seem to care about the classics. Besides, I'm taking my Cuda with me when I go!

Back