• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1971 Cuda billboard

383charger

Reaction score
Hey guys, who makes the best billboards, the ones that were on my car were horrible. So, now I'm looking to buy a pair but I want ones that follow the body lines of the Cuda not like the ones that were on it. Any help would be appreciated

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome from Little Rock !
I’ve used year one’s stuff for the hockey stick and aar, no billboards though but, both were perfect repro’s. A friend of mine got a set Of billboards from Phoenix Graphics and they look great. Do you know where yours came from?

383charger

Reaction score
Welcome from Little Rock !
I’ve used year one’s stuff for the hockey stick and aar, no billboards though but, both were perfect repro’s. A friend of mine got a set Of billboards from Phoenix Graphics and they look great. Do you know where yours came from?
No, I sold the car 25 years ago & just bought it back. The guy I sold it to had the body shop buy them & put them on, I don't know where they got them from I wish I did because they were horrible. They didn't fit right around the wheelwells & didn't follow the top body line either. I couldn't stand it so the first thing I did was take them off. Now I'm looking for a good pair or I may lay them out myself make a template & have a local graphic place make me a set

fasjac

Reaction score
That’s is an option for sure. I would seek out the best graphics company in your area. As you know it’s just vinyl.
All these guys need is a good pic of what you want. They put it in the cad and the computer does the rest.
Just like when we wrap our delivery vans or partial vinyl how ever you want it.
You have pic of the car before you removed them?

383charger

Reaction score
No, I didn't take any pictures of the billboards before I took them off that was a sight I didn't want to re-live

Lemontwist

Reaction score
No, I didn't take any pictures of the billboards before I took them off that was a sight I didn't want to re-live

Keep in mind any set you get has to be cut at the rear near the side marker light or they will not lay down.

DrEamer

Reaction score
That’s is an option for sure. I would seek out the best graphics company in your area. As you know it’s just vinyl.
All these guys need is a good pic of what you want. They put it in the cad and the computer does the rest.
Just like when we wrap our delivery vans or partial vinyl how ever you want it.
You have pic of the car before you removed them?

A good graphics guy can even do things that a place like Phoenix won't do. I asked my guy about doing putting a Bumble Bee stripe on my Challenger because all the other places only sell stencils to paint it on. Their reasoning was there are to many complex angles for vinyl. I showed a picture to the vinyl guy, and he just laughed and said it would be no problem.

440rush

Reaction score
I got a quote from a local sign shop for $ 175 installed. I haven't got the car to him yet but the stripes alone are around $300 I think.

fasjac

Reaction score
No, I sold the car 25 years ago & just bought it back. The guy I sold it to had the body shop buy them & put them on, I don't know where they got them from I wish I did because they were horrible. They didn't fit right around the wheelwells & didn't follow the top body line either. I couldn't stand it so the first thing I did was take them off. Now I'm looking for a good pair or I may lay them out myself make a template & have a local graphic place make me a set
Why don’t you give Phoenix a call and let them know what you want. They’re a vendor on our site. And the also have the billboards. Short of that, have a body shop paint them on.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I can’t believe I’m about to say this but has Worman installed a set of billboards on his show? If he has I’d be inclined to use the same supplier he does. Say what you want about him they put out top notch work.

budascuda

Reaction score
I can’t believe I’m about to say this but has Worman installed a set of billboards on his show? If he has I’d be inclined to use the same supplier he does. Say what you want about him they put out top notch work.

He Does use Phoenix, BUT, he said he calls ahead of time to make sure that they will cut him a
"fresh one" before shipping it to him, "that way the vinyl is soft and pliable".
So he said.

BTW, have you noticed, in the episodes following his move to the new super garage he is in now, his voice has changed. I think he partnered up with the big boys in order to have his dream finally realized but now he sounds like he ain't THE MAN no more.
I might be wrong and just going tone deaf, but he does peddle stuff he would never consider in the old garage!

Last edited:

DrEamer

Reaction score
Another source I hear good things about is Graphic Express. Touching a little bit on budascuda's point, I know the vinyl wrap guy I use said a lot the restoration type vinyl is an older design which is less pliable, cost less, but closer to original. I would think that most people would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the newer wraps and old style vinyl once it is on the car though. You might see what the different vendors use out of curiosity.

Home

Last edited:

scottie43

Reaction score
I used:
PERFORMANCE CAR GRAPHICS
723 Shannon St.
Tallahassee, FL 32305
Phone: 850/878-1450

This is all my body shop uses. They make them to order so they are fresh. I had no issues with mine and they look perfect on the car. I had a graphics guy put them on.

383charger

Reaction score
My friend that I bought my car back from, had the body shop put them on & they got them from year one. He gave me a set he bought from graphic express to replace the ones that were on the car so this weekend I'm going to put them up against the car & see if I like the shape of them

Back