• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1974 challenger slant 6 k frame

jkling1974

Reaction score
Before anyone y’all’s at me . I may build this challenger with a slant 6 . One because I love those motors and 2 me and my son may build this car and I may give it to him on his 16th birthday. Slant get prett gas Millage and are fun and not a ton of hp . My question is I heard there are k frames out there for e bodies for a slant 6? But I can’t find a single one anywhere . Anyone have one ?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
With a few simple mods the slant can really perform well , I usually port the head extensively & mill it down .100, this improves flow & compression , then use the alum 2bbl intake with an adapter & used the 2300 series Holley 500 cfm 2 bbl & tune it , it will seriously increase the power & economy !

jkling1974

Reaction score
funny because I have a duster in which I have a head with .100 shaved off , headers and 4bbl intake and carb going on soon . The 2bbl 500 cfm or holly 390 are just to expensive . 4bbl 500 work just fine in my experience.

jkling1974

Reaction score
But I’m asking if there is a E body slant six k Frame ? I heard it was an option first few years but can’t find one

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Yes there were /6 K frames , most have converted to V8 & probably feel the /6 frame has no value but they are out there as they were available into 72 anyway

70chall440

Reaction score
Yes, I believe that the /6 was offered in 70-71 in E bodies, although as is always the case with Mopar there are no absolutes and it is possible that later cars may have been built with one especially if special ordered.

heminut

Reaction score
You might try posting the parts wanted section of the forum, with your location. You never know what will pop up! Even if they were only installed in the first couple of years, the K frame will still bolt into your later model Cuda.

willstoy

Reaction score
I have the complete set up for a 71 six-cylinder with a three speed on the floor transmission. I will check on the k member, as my buddy was going to convert it to a V-8 but I don’t think he has yet. Not sure about the economics of shipping though as I’m not close 😬

Mopar426power

Reaction score
I just had a /6 K-frame converted to a hemi version, just got it back last weekend. I gotta believe they are still out there somewhere...

Vinny

Reaction score
Before anyone y’all’s at me . I may build this challenger with a slant 6 . One because I love those motors and 2 me and my son may build this car and I may give it to him on his 16th birthday. Slant get prett gas Millage and are fun and not a ton of hp . My question is I heard there are k frames out there for e bodies for a slant 6? But I can’t find a single one anywhere . Anyone have one ?
Hi. Try Schumacher Products. They create motor mounts for all kinds of swaps! It’s worth a try. Good luck.

jkling1974

Reaction score
They make a Mount yo make 6 k frame to a 8 but not other way around. They say they made e body’s for first few years with slant options. But I’ve never seen a k frame for sale and been looking for few months now

challenger6pak

Reaction score
They don't sell. I had a 6 kframe and the original radiator for sale for 3 years. I finally recycled them.

71Challenger/6

Reaction score
They're definitely out there... I have the original for my '71 sitting with the engine and trans still hooked to it, and one I picked up for a '68 Charger. You could use a B-body one, though technically I think the steering box sits at a fractionally different angle.

Back