• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 challenger grille

BSG

Reaction score
Hey guys is it me or is no one repoppin 71 challenger grilles yo ci neither if anyone knows of a company that makes em hook a brother up with the contact info. I'm at that point were she runs and drives all the lights are in just have to weld the bumper bolts in grind smooth send them out and the out side is done thx

terrywalker

Reaction score
No reproductions of the 71 Challenger grille. Be prepared to pay big $$$$ for a nice one. I bought a nice used one in 2004 for $300 and thought it was too much. All I can say is keep looking. They come up for sale once in a while.
Terry W.

BSG

Reaction score
No reproductions of the 71 Challenger grille. Be prepared to pay big $$$$ for a nice one. I bought a nice used one in 2004 for $300 and thought it was too much. All I can say is keep looking. They come up for sale once in a while.
Terry W.
i just went thru 15 pages of the parts for sale not even one mention of one. i would really hate to put a 70 in it. unbelievable. i had no idea....

Bstoker87

Reaction score
i just went thru 15 pages of the parts for sale not even one mention of one. i would really hate to put a 70 in it. unbelievable. i had no idea....
They are hard to find and when you do, get ready to spend $2,000 or more if your getting a nice one.

Mine was broken when i got my car but i was able to repair it and reinforce the lower section.

terrywalker

Reaction score
I went back and looked at your original post on your 71 Challenger and it appears the right lower side of the grille is missing. You might be able to find someone with a broken grille that has that piece and maybe fix yours by placing a Parts Wanted ad. Just a thought.

found 70 challenger

Terry W.

BSG

Reaction score
Yea my heads been spinning since I found out how rare they are and that was my next move finding a broken one, and making one out of two and a longshot, and finding a company that could scan a grill and print one… I would take an awfully big printer though that’s a huge grille. And I’d have to find somebody in my club that would let me borrow their grill to have it scanned I still have a couple of months of putting it together to go the entire interior, etc. I’m super bummed out that’s my favorite thing about the 71 outside of the BB 4sp that is an absolute blast to do burnout in

moparlee

Reaction score
Sometime in the past year I seen an NOS '71 grill with NOS headlight bezels for something like $4K or $5K.

heminut

Reaction score
I would definitely go the route of finding a piece from a broken grill to graft in. Plastic welding with a soldering iron is an easy skill to learn. I was forced into it when I got a crack in the holding tank of an older RV and couldn't find a replacement tank, and found that it was relatively easy to do.

I wish I had known how to do it before I glued up the broken areas of my 70 Cuda years ago. Plastic welding is much better than epoxy!

BSG

Reaction score
I would definitely go the route of finding a piece from a broken grill to graft in. Plastic welding with a soldering iron is an easy skill to learn. I was forced into it when I got a crack in the holding tank of an older RV and couldn't find a replacement tank, and found that it was relatively easy to do.

I wish I had known how to do it before I glued up the broken areas of my 70 Cuda years ago. Plastic welding is much better than epoxy!
I'll one up u. I run a collision repair shop here in LA and have a real nice nitrogen plastic welder. That will be my next post for parts and pieces. :-( The car is farther along that that pic but the only one I had to upload. Thanks to all of you for the advise.

71 chall pics.jpg

heminut

Reaction score
I'll one up u. I run a collision repair shop here in LA and have a real nice nitrogen plastic welder. That will be my next post for parts and pieces. :-( The car is farther along that that pic but the only one I had to upload. Thanks to all of you for the advise.

View attachment 100002
Where were you when I was repairing my Cuda grill years ago!!!!!!:rofl:

heminut

Reaction score
That sounds like a nice setup. If you do decide to repair your grill PLEASE post pics of the process! I'm sure a lot of us here would love to see how it's done.

BSG

Reaction score
That sounds like a nice setup. If you do decide to repair your grill PLEASE post pics of the process! I'm sure a lot of us here would love to see how it's done.
Ive been saving parts and pieces off of the newer ones for a year or so. I may fab one up out of those to put in that massive hole whilst searching for the correct one. If I build one out of pieces I'll post the process.

Back