• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Repo Goodyear F60-15 Polglas GT tires

RT440GY3

Reaction score
It's to bad that Goodyear doesn't make an improved radial that looks like the original Goodyear Polyglas GT bias ply tires.

For anyone that has purchased and runs these repo Goodyear F60-15 Polyglas GT bias ply tires, who has the best price on these tires? Are they worth the poor ride quality just to get that amazing look? I know about Coker & Kelsey Tire. Is there anyone else that beats them in price?

F60 15 GT RWL 280 ea.JPG

Grady Cain

Reaction score
I used Kelsey when I bought my red stripe polyglas tires for my 1968 Super Bee and I'll use them again for my T/A and my A12 when the time comes. John Kelsey owns most all of the original molds for the vintage Goodyear tires - that's why they are exact as they were when new back in the day. So if it's Goodyear you are looking for, Kelsey is the place to buy. As for the ride quality vs look, that is a personal decision. I love driving bias ply tires on my old cars because that's how they were when new. You definitely get used to them. I'm not looking for superior handling out of my Mopars - I'm all about the originality but that's me...

RT440GY3

Reaction score
I used Kelsey when I bought my red stripe polyglas tires for my 1968 Super Bee and I'll use them again for my T/A and my A12 when the time comes. John Kelsey owns most all of the original molds for the vintage Goodyear tires - that's why they are exact as they were when new back in the day. So if it's Goodyear you are looking for, Kelsey is the place to buy. As for the ride quality vs look, that is a personal decision. I love driving bias ply tires on my old cars because that's how they were when new. You definitely get used to them. I'm not looking for superior handling out of my Mopars - I'm all about the originality but that's me...

Thanks Grady for your experience with these tires. I'm leaning toward your thoughts too. I've always wanted them because of the look. Never put down the $$$ though. I'm going to this time though.

jeff968

Reaction score
I totally agree. I wish they would do a radial version of the goodyear tire like they have done with the firestone. Then we could have the best of both worlds. There have been some production issues with the Polyglas repos. A friend had to return a set when there were issues with how they were performing. Apparently he is not the only one who has had the issue.

mymcodebee

Reaction score
I did this for a 17 tire.
These are just sitting on the tire now but they are from TredWear. Comes with a kit to glue them on any tires. If prepped properly they will not come off. You can clean the white letter too.
Not nearly the same size as the original font but at over 10 mph it will be hard to tell.... $100 bucks a kit to do four tires.

I totally agree. I wish they would do a radial version of the goodyear tire like they have done with the firestone. Then we could have the best of both worlds. There have been some production issues with the Polyglas repos. A friend had to return a set when there were issues with how they were performing. Apparently he is not the only one who has had the issue.

IMG_7292.JPG

budascuda

Reaction score
I agree with Grady, they look great and ride like the originals. I had them on my 68 eldo and they tend to sway sideways a bit and give a vehicle a heavy feel, I actually like that!
but since then I put all my rides on radials. i like to take them on the highway once in a while and you know.....!
They are safer and DOT approved. I am not sure about polyglas tires, I think safety was an issue; that's why they got replaced by radials.
Besides, the repo's are not US made, I don't want to deal with the insurance company hassling me if something happens on the road just because I had pg's on, especially if I end up ( god forbid) taking somebody out or cause major damage in an accident.
You know how insurance companies are like, they try to weasel their way out of a claim if they can.

Grady Cain

Reaction score
The Polyglas tires that come from Kelsey Tire are DOT approved. I never felt unsafe at 70-75 mph on the highway with bias ply tires on my B-body...

budascuda

Reaction score
Surely not as sharp in response time as radials,
I mean that's one of the reasons the radial tire was invented, no?

Last edited:

RT440GY3

Reaction score
Thanks Jeff!

RT440GY3

Reaction score
I did this for a 17 tire.
These are just sitting on the tire now but they are from TredWear. Comes with a kit to glue them on any tires. If prepped properly they will not come off. You can clean the white letter too.
Not nearly the same size as the original font but at over 10 mph it will be hard to tell.... $100 bucks a kit to do four tires.

View attachment 47364
Those are cool from TreadWear

Back