• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

A833 4 speed + gen 3 hemi?

Hemi2c

Reaction score
Hi All
Has any one fitted a A833 4 speed box to a Gen 3 Hemi? (5.7 or 6.4)
Thanks
Al

hulmule

Reaction score
I was told that its a direct bolt up to a small block bellhousing. Thinking of doing this for my son's 72 Cuda. Looking to follow this .

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Yes small block belhousing & A833 works
I swpped the 6.4 in & the 4 spd conversion was done a month or 2 later

Hemi2c

Reaction score
Yes small block belhousing & A833 works
I swpped the 6.4 in & the 4 spd conversion was done a month or 2 later

My cuda is already a small block 4 speed, will it require any adapter plate or spacer plate, also what clutch kit will it require? (Standard?).

Gen 3 Cuda

Reaction score
No adapters needed. But, the gen 3's are not drilled for a pilot bushing. A Magnum pilot bearing is used, and, the input shaft needs to be shortened.

hulmule

Reaction score
If your going to rebuild the motor can you drill the crank vs shortening the 833 shaft? Any pics or dimensions for shortening?

Gen 3 Cuda

Reaction score
I suppose you could have the crank drilled while it's out, for sure. I don't know what the machine bill would be. I should have recorded the measurement. If I don't write stuff down, CRS hits immediately! I do think it was right around one inch, if using stock bell housing. I guess the reasoning for cutting the input was, simply, hitting the easy button. It can still be used behind any thing else, as long as you use the magnum roller input bearing. One of the conversions I did, the trans came from behind a cast crank 440 that hadn't been drilled. Measurement was dead on from 440 to hemi.

gzig5

Reaction score
Should be less than $100 to just drill the end of the crank for clearance so you don't have to cut the shaft. But, I would still use the Magnum input bearing.

Hemi2c

Reaction score
Thanks, for replies.

Any one used the A855 from Passon Performance? (5 Speed)

Avalanche

Reaction score
Thanks, for replies.

Any one used the A855 from Passon Performance? (5 Speed)

Passion has a long wait list for the 5 speed. If you want to use the 833 4 speed and have an overdrive gear, you can get the gear venders unit which will give you the overdrive.

Back