• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Supercharger

Leanburn

Reaction score
anyone here running a centrifugal style. This is the route I prefer to go but can’t seem to find anything that definitely boots in without bracket modifications.

Leanburn

Reaction score
I spoke with dave last week. No boosted builds in older chassis

rolling_thunder

Reaction score
Every build I have seen with a Gen III and a centrifugal blower requires inner fender work - large amounts of it - all the kits are for an LX platform which has a wider engine bay - I looked into it but ultimately plan on a Kenne Bell huffer on my 6.1 ---

Also having talked to the LX guys - be careful adding too much boost to the 6.4 - apparently they are fragile when it comes to boost unless you put in forged pistons.

Leanburn

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks, I wasn’t sure if there was enough room or not. I have forged pistons with moved down top rings so I’m ready for boost.

Mrb3

Reaction score
Going with a whipple on my 6.4 in a 70 Cuda. Should be around 1000.

Hemi2c

Reaction score
Hi Mrb3
I'm looking at a Yella Terra 2.4L whipple on a 6.1, will use forged rods and pistons.

I'm hoping its all going to fit under the hood, has anyone tried?

"Oh yeh 73 Cuda"

Thanks
Al

rolling_thunder

Reaction score
Hi Mrb3
I'm looking at a Yella Terra 2.4L whipple on a 6.1, will use forged rods and pistons.

I'm hoping its all going to fit under the hood, has anyone tried?

Al

I am not 100% sure - but you can probably compare the height between the whipple and the stock 6.1L intake - we know the 6.1L intake fits under the hood and i'm sure Whipple would make their supercharger to fit where the stock intake fit ---

Back