• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

i529.jpg

1970 Barracuda Gran Coupe

General Description

This Gran Coupe was built in the LA assembly plant in December of '69 and shipped out to a local dealer for inventory as part of their Sales Bank program to increase sales.
This car was optioned with the L-Code 383 2 bbl. with a Torqueflite automatic w/SlapStik, Rallye Dash, floor and overhead consoles, power steering, Light Pkg., A21 Elastomeric (rubber) front bumper pkg. w/dual chrome Rallye Mirrors, 6-way driver's seat, black vinyl top and under dash dealer Chrysler air unit. It also came equipped with 14" Magnum Road Wheels.
Color was FK5 Burnt Orange Metallic w/Burnt Orange Deluxe Vinyl, which allowed a credit on the invoice of nearly $40.00 over the standard, Gran Coupe leather.
I added the big wheels/tires w/Rallye's up front, 'glass six pack scoop, headers, and a 4 bbl. intake from a '69 Roadrunner and Carter AVS carb from a '70 440 GTX. I topped this with the oval Air Grabber air cleaner from the Roadrunner.
Wish I still had this car. . .traded it for a new black 'n gold '76 Trans Am that I ordered!!

Comments

No, I bought it in the Spring of 1975 and was the second owner. It was owned by a woman who was related to my local Chrysler dealer. It had 52,000 miles on it when I bought it.

Item information

Category
Member Garages
Added by
crazy4ebodies
Views
Watchers
Comments
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More in Member Garages

More from crazy4ebodies

• 1970 'Cuda
    One of my current E-Bodies. . . This '70 U-Code 440 4 bbl. is one of just 618 built with the 727...
  • 1970 B'Cuda Convertible
    My other "ride" is this '70 B'Cuda now 'Cuda Convertible. An original 318, automatic car, this...

Share this item

Back