• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

i540.jpg

1970 B'Cuda Convertible

General Description

My other "ride" is this '70 B'Cuda now 'Cuda Convertible. An original 318, automatic car, this one is an original FE5 Rallye Red car that also originally had a rare, red vinyl interior. . .wish it still did. The original white top has also been changed to black and I bought the car like this, but added the woodgrain instrument cluster, Rim Blow Wheel, Hockey Sticks and chrome wheel lip moldings.
This is a Y09 Code Export car that was ordered new by a Captain in the Air Force and actually went to Germany with him for four years. When he returned to the state, he sold the car to a Base Housing Officer where he was stationed in Missouri. This guy told me he had bought the car for his wife, and two weeks later, some teernagers stole it. It was recovered outside of Lee Summit, MO undamaged, but out of gas.
It was then sold to a lawyer in the K.C. area who had a shop strip the car down for a resto. He lost interest and the car sat in the shop until they got tired of it and stored it outside. . .close to the river!! They guy I bought it from said when he restored it, there was water marks inside the doors and quarters where the car had been under water!!
The car was restored using a real '70 340 'Cuda Hardtop as a parts car. . .giving up not only the front clip, but also the disc brakes, 3.55 Sure Grip rear end, 340 and 727 Torqueflite transmission w/SlapStik, Fish Gill rocker moldings, taillamp surround chrome and 15 x 7" Rallye Wheels. . . essentially making it a true replica of a 340 'Cuda Convertible.
Other options include power steering, power disc brakes, power top, and Light Pkg.
Another unique item on this car is the new dash pad, which is an original Chrysler generic replacement (with no name plate on the passenger side) made by Chrysler as a service replacement for pads in either the Barracuda or Challenger. It came NOS in a box dated '76.
The passenger Chrome Rallye mirror was added by me to replace the '71-'74-style mirror put on after the restoration. I bought this one NOS in the box at a local swap meet in the early '90s for $35!!
I've owned this car since 2001.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Item information

Category
Member Garages
Added by
crazy4ebodies
Views
Last update

More in Member Garages

More from crazy4ebodies

• 1970 'Cuda
    One of my current E-Bodies. . . This '70 U-Code 440 4 bbl. is one of just 618 built with the 727...
  • 1970 Barracuda Gran Coupe
    This Gran Coupe was built in the LA assembly plant in December of '69 and shipped out to a local...

Share this item

Back