• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

03HDFB.....Finally Got Around to Swapping to Electric Fan!

03HDFB

Reaction score
So,
Still hunting my ignition gremlin....I think I have it fixed but time will tell! I finally found a few hours to work the
Electric Fan Swap....I have a BeCool Rad with Core measuremnts of 18" x 22". I used the Flex-188 or Black Magic
extreme Series fan from Sumitt.... Perfect fit... 2450 RPM and 3300 CFM. I had already done the wiring last winter...
Sensor activated at 180 deg and run down to 160 Deg. I made (2) quick brackets out of graphite, a doubler plate
so I could make the brackets removable and (4) Spacers. Here's some pics....I still need to swap the bolts for some
stainless button heads....but you know Tacoma screw....never open on the weekends!

IMG_2051_zps5785615d.jpg

IMG_2050_zpsc663a38a.jpg

IMG_2053_zps6fb95803.jpg

IMG_2054_zpsfb512ce3.jpg

IMG_2056_zps4be5ce4c.jpg

IMG_2055_zpsd04b1608.jpg

IMG_2060_zps2da5b8ad.jpg

IMG_2059_zpsf65c936c.jpg

03HDFB

Reaction score
Nice. Where would a guy find such cool materials?:eusa_whistle:

I bought a sheet of it years back....while modd'ing my '08.....Bought it from Carbon By Design.
there are quite a few carbon shops....you can ping for some flat materials.

Nice man, love your whole engine bay, just looks clean

Thanks.....I'm getting very close to as clean as I can get it. I hope to add some more ponies soon!

03HDFB

Reaction score
You're detailing that thing very nicely. Gotta love that attention on a car.

Thanks Mike.....And you......You have some Sweeeeeeeet Rides! Can't wait to see the Cuda rolling!

mmissile

Reaction score
I used to work in a higher-end fiberglass shop, back in the day.[did all the Penske bodies] I never got a chance to work with carbon or the other laminates. Is it a ***** to cut and sand? We did the first carbon police helmets, but they were there for final finish.

03HDFB

Reaction score
I used to work in a higher-end fiberglass shop, back in the day.[did all the Penske bodies] I never got a chance to work with carbon or the other laminates. Is it a ***** to cut and sand? We did the first carbon police helmets, but they were there for final finish.

Naw......I would rather work in Carbon than fiberglass. Easy to cut and sand. If you have a good weave up front...all you need to do is spray some clear coat
and you're done!

Back