• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

15X8 Cuda wheel backspace

JP8

Reaction score
I've searched Google and the forums to try to find a clear answer and have been told some information but would like to get a consensus from the group.

The situation, I would like to buy my Dad a couple of 15X8 Rallyes. Wheel Vintiques makes a 4.5 and a 4.625" backspace 15x8 Rallye. The tire choice is up to my Dad but he would probably go with a 255 rather than 275.

I am looking for information from Cuda owners that have fit 15x8's on their car. What is your backspace? How close to the leaf spring? How close to the lip of the fender?

I have found an awesome deal on a pair of 15x8 Rallyes on Craigslist and the guy is getting back to me on the BS when he is back in town. I've heard the 4.5" BS works but if these are 4.625" BS I hope that would work too. If any of you have the 4.5" BS and report that there is more than an 1/8" of leaf spring clearance I take it that the deeper BS will also work.

JP8

Reaction score
Didn't you already ask this same question ? Same answers.
I didn’t want the Welcome Wagon post to be turned into a wheels topic so I posted the topic of wheels in the wheels section. Also, not everybody haunts the “New Posts” tab or looks at the Welcome Wagon. I want more than one guy on the internet telling me it will or won’t work. I believe the other guy has a Challenger and I know the wheel wells are different. I was trying to get a deeper consensus ON 'cudas.

Is there a problem with that? I came here for a wide breadth of knowledge so excuse me for asking questions.

Last edited:

themechanic

Reaction score
I asked a friend earlier what he's got on his E bodies. He said,

"Front,
15x7", 4.5" back spacing on wheels 245/60/15 tires

Rear,
15x8", 4.5" back spacing on wheels 275/60/15 tires275 will fit easy in back. I have 295s, but I have a B-body 8-3/4 and an offset leaf spring kit from Drdiff.com"

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
I would say both would work. I tried to work a 10" rim in a stock set up with a 295 but it was to iffy to purchase and take the chance of being too tight. Maybe if I rolled the lips so I went with 15x8x 4.5 backspace with a 275. 295 or bigger if you move the springs or maybe ona 8 inch rim but thats a lot of tire for the 8".

themechanic

Reaction score
I would say both would work. I tried to work a 10" rim in a stock set up with a 295 but it was to iffy to purchase and take the chance of being too tight. Maybe if I rolled the lips so I went with 15x8x 4.5 backspace with a 275. 295 or bigger if you move the springs or maybe ona 8 inch rim but thats a lot of tire for the 8".
Thanks

Back